The Swan Hotel
£9.30 per hour + great benefits
Located in the picturesque Cotswold village of Bibury, The Swan Hotel is part of the long established Cotswold Inns & Hotels group.
This busy 22 bedroom hotel, including a Bar, Courtyard & Brasserie is very popular with the locals and visitors to Bibury & the surrounding Cotswold area.
It is a busy, fast paced environment which in addition to the Bar & Brasserie menu also caters for up to approximately 45 weddings a year plus private events of up to 100 people.
Being part of a collection of 7 hotels in The Cotswolds, The Swan Hotel embraces all things local and seasonal and like this to be reflected in the Bar offering.
We are looking for someone who can maintain a positive and calm outlook, a friendly approach, can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, carry out instructions, be able to pay close attention to detail and a desire to provide exceptional customer service.
To succeed within the role you must have previous experience of working within a hotel reception and knowledge of hotel reservations systems. You should also have good sales ability, an approachable manner, and knowledge of the MS Office suite.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure front office staff provide guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Check guests in, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximise hotel revenue
- Check guests out, including resolving any late or disputed charges
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions using established procedures. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner
- Deal with any outstanding guest requests or issues that may require additional monitoring or follow-up
- Take action to solve guest problems/ complaints
- Follow and implement hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
At Cotswold Inns and Hotels, the personal development of all our employees is a key priority, we ensure regular training is carried out in all departments and actively support individual staff in their attainment of further qualifications and internal promotion.