Housekeeping Assistant - Shropshire
We are looking for both full-time and part-time Housekeeping Assistants to join our vibrant team at our flagship Activity Centre, Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. This is a seasonal vacancy from July/ August to mid-November with the option to return for the 2022 season.
What will I be doing?
As a Housekeeping Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Cleaning guest rooms and bathrooms
- Cleaning communal areas of Condover Hall
- Following Covid cleaning regulations
- Maintaining cleanliness and health & safety standards
- Ensuring the storerooms are stocked with necessary linens, guest supplies and cleaning equipment
- Helping to decorate the centre for events
- Assisting with other departments when the centre is very busy e.g. in the canteen area
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative and happy to try new things
- A team player – but also happy to work as an individual
- Reliable and responsible
- Previous experience working in a housekeeping or cleaning position is desirable but not essential.
Our motto at JCA is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
The extra bits…
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- You must be able to make your own way to Condover Hall as accommodation is not provided as standard (the earliest shift typically starts at 7/ 8am and the latest shift ends at 7/ 8pm)
- Exact contract dates will be confirmed after application stage, but we ask applicants to be available from mid-July to mid-November
- Full-time, part-time and zero hour contracts available
- The role is paid at the National Minimum Wage for your age category
- The role will involve working occasional weekends
- Full training will be provided including: Health and safety, safeguarding and Covid measures
- Role progression and the chance to return for the next season
- Further seasonal opportunities in the UK and abroad with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA