Senior Golf Operations Supervisor - Meriden Posting Date
Jun 09, 2021Job Number
Golf, Fitness, & EntertainmentLocation
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Meriden, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Golf team at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness centre.
To ensure the effective operation and financial performance of all golf facilities, services and events.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred but not essential
Education or Certification
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Retail experience, preferably within a Golf environment.
- Level of general education to degree standard or equivalent.
- Customer service skills Computer Skills
- Knowledge of the game of golf and course etiquette
- Administration/reception training or background
- Knowledge of the game of golf
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To achieve designated Hotel profit margins by generating turnover against cost of sales. Focus areas include retail, buggies, halfway house and driving range.
- To ensure that all areas of the golf operation function smoothly and in accordance with the standards laid out within the Marriott Golf and Brand Standard Audits and other relevant SOPs.
- To ensure that all areas of the operation meet presentation standards by conducting multiple daily walk-rounds.
- To assist with 59 Club membership tours. Oversea the monthly mystery shop audits and support corrective action plans to address failure to compliance.
- To ensure the successful running of all golf days; to be the host to all organisers and ensure attention to detail at all times.
- To liaise effectively with all relevant departments and Golf Event Executive to ensure successful hosting of golf days and golf breaks
- To be responsible for the all members' competitions and bookings, including handicap maintenance. To organise catering requirements wherever necessary
- Responsibility for the completion of the annual members diary and liaising with the sales team to manage diary and book social functions
- To ensure effective planning and hosting of membership social activities, including liaison with captains and committees.
- To ensure all event orders are presented to departments with exact, fully comprehensive details at all times.
- Responsibility for starters and operations staff and the supervision thereof.
- Performance management of associates, following disciplinary procedures should this be required.
- Involvement in monthly staff meetings.
- Responsibility for the management and maintenance of the buggy fleet and operation.
- To ensure that all golf bookings are correctly inputted into Concept booking system, and that revenue is processed correctly. Weekly cross check of all bookings against concept.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of tee times.
- To ensure that all information required by the central golf function is provided and to communicate all relevant information received from the central golf function.
- Contribute to retail policy and stock ordering, to maximize revenue potential.
- To be responsible for stock control, transfers and movements
- To develop a retail strategy to meet the needs of various customer markets.
- To ensure training and development of golf associates are carried out.
- Contribute to end of month retail processes by liaising with finance team to ensure off accruals are accounted for.
- Analysis and weekly critique of payroll figures, variances and the management thereof.
- Involvement in the recruitment process.
- To act as deputy to the Golf Operations Manager, taking overall responsibility for the effective running of the golf operation in his/her absence.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 39 hours per week.
- Professional & courteous manner
- Good communication skills
- Flexible - shift pattern
- Strong sense of urgency