Sous Chef - Emma Street - London
JOIN THE OZONE TEAM!
- Are you experienced in a busy, fast-paced kitchen?
- We are looking for someone passionate & dedicated to join our team.
- We offer competitive remuneration.
- We have a commitment to sustainable practices within our kitchen and we are dedicated to delivering a high standard.
ABOUT OUR KITCHEN
Our menus are created in the endeavour of sustainable and whole-cycle cooking with the intent of maximising healthiness without sacrificing flavour. We ferment, pickle, smoke, dry and make everything we possibly can in house. Our kitchen thrives on a low-waste ethos maximising by-product usage and encouraging creativity and exploration of new ideas.
As a seven days a week Eatery we get to build friendships with a huge variety of interesting & talented people who are embarking on new adventures every day. From food lovers through to farmers & growers, we get to connect these people & it is such a humbling & inspiring privilege.
From nurturing high performing, established careers to introducing apprentice cooks to the world of hospitality, our global team of kitchen professionals are committed to your individual development & succession within our fast-growing kitchen environments.
The role of Sous Chef will work alongside our London Head Chef and Restaurant Manager, running the Emma Street kitchen day to day. Ensuring the team are led in a fair and professional manner and nurturing pre-established relationships within our teams and community.
*we are recruiting ahead of our re-opening once government guidelines allow. We are hopeful this will be early Spring 2021, with a view to bring this role in to coincide with reopening. Onboarding period will be given ahead of opening.
- Management/team leadership experience.
- Minimum 3 years kitchen experience.
- Positive and personable.
- Passion for working sustainably.
- Good personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ability to handle pressure and solve problems.
- Ability to lead a team with authenticity.
- Ability to maintain a clean section.
- Appreciation of exceptional food.
- Broad range of knowledge of cooking terminology, techniques & ingredients.
A detailed job description is available upon application.
OCRI is committed to not just encouraging, but ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion flourish amongst our teams. We want our workforce to be truly representative of our communities and that each team member feels represented, respected and embraced.
We do this not to tick a box, or because there is a commercial value in diversity. We will do it because it is simply the right thing. Our worlds don’t just benefit from diversity; they survive because of it.