Senior Chef de Partie
St Pancras by Searcys
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a 'London thing to do'.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To prepare and serve all food to the standard of the head chef end the company
- To fill in all relevant paperwork ie cooking, blast chiller and fridge temperatures
- To ensure that the correct cleansing and preparation procedures are followed for all raw products including seafood, shellfish, meat, diary products and salads/vegetables.
- To ensure that all proper hygienic procedures are followed, with regular cleansing of taps, fridges, worktops, storage areas and machines and the use of the correct chopping boards.
- To produce such dishes as required by the Head Chef, to high standard and to ensure adequate and sufficient mise-en-place for the whole day service.
- To inform the Head Chef of Sous Chef/s of any shortage of supplies before the throughout service.
- To ensure that all food products are of a high standard, in both quality and freshness.
- To work safely and hygienically, with a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
- To ensure daily that all the mise-en-place is stored in a clean, labelled, dated and organised manner.
- To work with the entire kitchen as a team on the same level.
- To date all products and ensure that all products are rotated correctly.
- To ensure that all areas of storage are kept clean, tidy and organised at all times.
- To ensure that all the mise-en-place is done correctly and maintained at the correct standards and levels.
- To keep your own area of the kitchen very clean and tidy including the cleaning of fridges, stoves, ovens and work surfaces.
- To cook and prepare staff food as required on the rota
- To wear the correct uniform (whites, checked trousers, blue bib aprons and chefs hats must be worn at all times) to company standards.
- To follow all cleaning schedules
- To handover with a full list of mise-en-place at the end of each shift.
- To ensure that at the end of the night, your order is placed with the Head Chef of Sous Chef/s for the food the following day.
- To ensure all security requirements for Searcys are upheld.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.