St Pancras by Searcys
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a 'London thing to do'.
Overall Objective: Assist to the wait-staff by delivering food to the tables. As they are the last ones to look at the dish before presenting to a customer, it is of the utmost importance that they know what the dish is supposed to look like.
- To ensure that food is delivered to the table efficiently and quickly to ensure that food remains at the right temperature for service.
- To ensure a professional and friendly service is provided to all our customers.
- To assist in the cleaning and clearing of tables.
- To clean and polish cutlery and glassware as necessary.
- To communicate with the Assistant Manager or Manager or team if any assistance is needed
- To ensure prompt and efficient provision of all scheduled services.
- To ensure all food is served to the best of your ability.
- To be cost effective whilst at work, avoiding wastage where possible but not to the detriment of the service being offered.
- To work as a team member in harmony with all other employees.
- To ensure all food is presented in line with Searcys standards.
- To be customer focused at all times, by being visible if appropriate and communicating and determining customer needs.
- To project a willing and helpful attitude to customers.
- To immediately act on customer feedback with a 'can do' attitude.
- To carry out your duties to Searcys standards.
- To adhere to any rotas/schedules as laid down by your manager.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To ensure you deliver what you promise to your customers and team.
- To be available to work on evening/weekend functions when necessary.
- To treat others as you would expect to be treated.
- To establish and maintain controls to ensure the security of the premises and materials.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by your manager.
- To undertake duties as requested that are necessary to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered.
- To assist in providing an excellent standard of customer service.
- To ensure that adequate consumables are stored on site at all times and reordering any low stock items.
- To read Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations and notices regularly and adhere to company and location standards at all times.
- To report all accidents within the location to your manager, adhering to location and company procedures.
- To wear footwear, uniform and protective clothing to comply with company standards.
- To maintain high levels of personal and food hygiene.
- To ensure cleaning areas under your control are maintained to the company and COSHH standard.
- To ensure all equipment is maintained and report defects to your manager immediately.
- To notify your manager if you have suffered from any symptoms as defined on your pre-employment medical questionnaire.
- To report immediately all breakages, stains and damage to fabric, furniture, fixtures and fittings or malfunctioning of equipment, leaks, blockages or acts of vandalism.
- To attend all location meetings, and training programs as required.
- To take responsibility for your own development with guidance of your manager.
- To meet with your manager on a monthly basis for a job 'chat'.
- To ensure that your department has a feeling of genuine hospitality, which customers can relax and enjoy.
- To seek knowledge of the products or services that you are supplying so you can advise and guide your customers.
- To be a team player assisting other team members as necessary.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.