Membership Consultant - The Carlton Tower Jumeirah
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
About the Hotel
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over world- class shopping destination Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the role
The Peak Fitness Club and Spa at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah will offer hotel guests and club members world class treatments, wellness and fitness classes such as Yoga and Pilates with breath-taking views over London’s iconic skyline.
We are looking for a Membership Consultant to join the team at The Peak Fitness Club and Spa to assist the Membership Manager in successfully achieving budgeted sales and membership targets through an innovative sales and marketing process.
The Membership Consultant will assist in improving retention of existing members through the development of an internal programme of member events and five-star service standards. Responsibilities will include the following;
- To arrange appointments for sales tours from leads, conduct tours and sell benefits and features of the Peak Fitness Club & Spa
- To source, with the Membership Manager, new ways of marketing the club both internally and externally.
- To participate in activities to generate leads and awareness, including telephone contact, alliance at events and outreach activities
- To deal with the daily administration of the membership, ensuring all appropriate forms and administrative duties are comprehensively and accurately completed to a high standard and on time
- To follow all financial procedures, in relation to membership sales
- To prepare weekly membership figures for analysis and a monthly report on all accounts of membership status, renewals, attrition, new and potential signings
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally in a 5-star hotel or Health Club environment
- Be friendly, approachable and professional
- Excellent level of English in written and spoken format
- Competent computer skills, word, excel, power point
- Excellent communicator and able to connect with all levels in the business, flexing style as appropriate.
- Effective organisational skills; able to prioritise tasks and self-manage a demanding workload or reactive and proactive work
- Excellent personal presentation skills demonstrating a 5 * appearance at all times
- Strong eye for detail
About the benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities