Hotel Reception Associate - 32 Hours - WEST MIDLANDS Posting Date
Jun 08, 2021Job Number
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Meriden, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family. An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Front Office team at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities. The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness centre.
The role of the Front Office Associate is to provide the highest possible standard of check in and out experience to our guests and to serve as an efficient point of contact during their stay. This involves welcoming and acknowledging all guests according to company standards. To answer inquiries from guests, anticipate and address their service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
Specific duties include but not limited to;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, supporting the team to reach common goals
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Assist with hiring and coaching staff
- Serve as a role model in all areas, promoting uniform standards and good practice
- Preparation of letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- The entry and retrieval of information contained in computer databases and the use of a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservations.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including date stamping and distributing incoming mail.
- Maintain computer and paper-based filing and organisation systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language including appropriate telephone etiquette.
This position requires previous hotel front office experience and the ability to adopt flexible working patterns. This includes working evenings, weekends and public holidays.