Holiday Services Manager - Seawick holiday Park
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
Hours of Work: 5/6 days including weekends
Park holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented managers and an unprecedented investment programme across the group
Park Holidays are looking for an experienced Holiday Services Manager to join our team at our Seawick Holiday Park.
If you enjoy working with customers and possess excellent people, administration and organisational skills, then we would love to hear from you.
Seawick is located on the coast at St Osyth near the popular seaside town of Clacton on Sea. With bundles of facilities on park and nearby, this is the ultimate location for a family holiday. Seawick’s entertainment complex has a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system making the entertainment, industry leading. Guests experience a mixture of its own park team and great acts from around the country. Seawick has everything that a fun filled family holiday should be.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- To manage a budget for the Holiday Sales department, and to monitor and maintain effective control.
- To ensure that the operation meets the legal requirements, such as gas safety certificates and portable appliance testing certificates.
- Prepare and meet annual operating profit targets.
- Closely control all Park expenditure within your department.
- Maximise occupancy of holiday hire fleet.
- Ensure that records are kept on each Holiday Home, such as records of carbon monoxide alarms and smoke alarms.
- To identify possible opportunity’s to move your department forward.
- To set up and maintain a reliable and efficient system to deal with all correspondence and matters.
- To monitor the standards of work of all cleaners within own area of work, ensuring work is to the agreed operating standards
- Ensure Lodges/Holiday Homes have keys all accounted for.
- To operate a cash point and control monies and reception safe
- To complete all Welcome Packs with corresponding programmes, membership cards etc.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Good PC skills including knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A professional and outgoing personality
- A clear understanding of and ability to maintain Company confidentiality at all times
- The ability to work under own initiative
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of holiday park bookings systems is essential.
- A minimum of 3 years in a managerial role would be preferred.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (20 Days + Bank Hols)
- Double Glazed Centrally heated on-site accommodation available with the position.
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
With 43 caravan parks situated throughout the UK we are now one of the largest providers of Holiday parks covering both England and Scotland. We offer great value family holidays and short breaks, with a small selection of touring and camping too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.