As a Housekeeping Porter you are an essential part of the Housekeeping team. In this role you will provide operational support for all the aspects of the housekeeping department in an energetic, timely and precise manner. You will provide all necessary equipment and items, requested by supervisors, room attendants or guests. As a porter you will also assist the room attendants in general housekeeping duties such as moving heavy furniture, cleaning in high places, setting extra beds, deep cleaning carpets and keeping all services areas cleared of rubbish.
As a porter you will provide fine, yet unobtrusive service, while at the same time taking care of all our guests requests. You have a hands-on approach, are flexible and know how to prioritise even in busy and demanding situations. You keep a fun and upbeat demeanour around your colleagues of housekeeping, other departments and of course our guests.
Do you have what it takes to be a Housekeeping Porter at The Standard, London
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Housekeeping Porter is always useful, all are welcome at The Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A background with related experience preferred, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts including, evenings, nights and weekends. This is a fulltime role; however, we have many opportunities for those seeking a more flexible working schedule.
- Good understanding of health and safety, manual handling and COSHH
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- To be highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Housekeeping Porter, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.