We currently have an amazing opportunity for a passionate individual to join our team as a Night Porter, a part time basis.
The Grand Brighton, we are the name drop everyone wants to make! We are the original palace by the sea. And if we’re not on your bucket list already, you should make some space on it. The Grand is at the centre of a thousand tales, the location of a million memories and a champion for all things Brighton & Hove. We are fizzing with anticipation and excitement for the next stage of our own journey…Is it time to start the next chapter in yours? Don’t let the exciting opportunity to join our #exceptionalteam
in the role of Night Porter
pass you by. We’re progressive, independent, and free-spirited - it’s just the fabric of the building that’s historic, not our approach to business! If you’re looking for the #bestplacetowork
, look no further!
As a frontline team member, you’ll be a key contributor to the hotel's success - reporting to the Night Manager, you will assist in the smooth running of the hotel during night-time hours. Based in the hotel lobby, this role centres around offering assistance and help to our guests and visitors as they arrive and throughout their stay, ensuring that all guests receive a warm and welcoming experience within the hotel. Hours of work are between 10pm and 8am and we are looking for Night Porters to work 2 or 3 shifts per week on a rota basis.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great package
including complimentary gym facilities, hotel recognition scheme and incentive programme (including cinema tickets, free dinner & afternoon tea, cash rewards), discounted use of hotel facilities, workplace pension & life assurance, employee assistance programme, and a high street, local attraction & retail perks and discount programme.
We strive to create an individual and personal experience for all our guests by delivering Exceptional Hospitality…… so individuals with engaging personalities, who recognise the detail and demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude, are a perfect match for us. Ideally with experience in the hospitality industry, the ideal applicant must be methodical, have a can-do approach to work, a real interest in delivering outstanding hospitality, an energy and drive to succeed, and an enthusiasm to thrive in pressure situations. A clean driving licence is essential for this role.
Key responsibilities of the Night Porter
- Providing a warm welcome to all guests arriving throughout the night
- Greeting and showing guests to their bedrooms, assisting with luggage, and being on hand to answer any guest queries about the hotel/local area
- Assisting with the parking and manoeuvring cars as required
- Ensuring the security of the hotel throughout the night
- Taking, preparing and delivering simple room service orders, ensuring excellent food quality and service, as well as maximising sales of food and beverage during the night.
- Maintaining cleanliness of public areas during the night-time hours
- Covering reception function as and when necessary
- Preparing and setting meeting & event spaces as and when necessary
If you are truly passionate about delivering the highest standards and see yourself as part of a diverse, award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality consistently, then apply now - this IS a step worth taking!