Kitchen Porter - Henlow - Bedfordshire
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts, hotels and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Cheshire, Hertfordshire, Hampshire, Kent and Leicestershire.
Founded on the philosophy that Health, Beauty and Wellbeing are inextricably intertwined, Champneys is passionate about; creating experiences that promote wellness and wellbeing as well as being leaders in developing treatments to make our guests feel happier and healthier inside and out.
We are extremely proud of our heritage and it is that that shapes our vision, it is our teams and their expertise that help bring the vision to life. We are proud to be collaborative, supportive and open minded.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and hard-working Kitchen porter to work within our driven and passionate Kitchen Team.
- Daily cleaning of all kitchen areas, staff canteens and kitchen corridors
- The washing of all kitchen equipment for the chefs and all crockery and cutlery for the restaurant service staff
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean during service times and that all walk through areas are kept clear of any obstruction and that floors are kept dry.
- To follow the cleaning schedules as instructed – to sign cleaning schedules daily to provide due diligence that cleaning has been undertaken.
- To deep clean kitchen equipment as required
- Keep all store areas clean and tidy ensuring floors are swept and mopped
- The storing of all food deliveries as instructed on a daily basis ensuring that new stock received is rotated with old stock
- Communicate effectively with all staff
- Keep the delivery yard area clean and tidy.
- Food waste bins / general waste bins and recycle bins to be cleaned weekly as instructed.
- Assist with any stocktaking as required
- Provide support with all resort non food deliveries and distribution of received goods to relevant department.
Being the iconic wellbeing brand that we are you should expect benefits that match our simple vision; to make you feel happier and healthier inside and out.
Not only will you work in great company where we share and believe in our vision you will also have access to the following;
- Health, Wellness and Wellbeing incentives
- Champneys experiences
- App technology for all our essential forms
- In house social media connecting our Champneys Family
- Motivating, rewarding and engaging colleague events
- Discounted stays for you, your friends and family at any of our Hotels or Resorts
- Heavily discounted rates at our getaway Haven
- Complimentary Spa Day
- Exceptional discount on Champneys products
- Great discounts on our partner products
- Discounted membership to our exceptional health clubs
- Access to Learning & Development aimed at job satisfaction and career advancement
- Mental Health Awareness Days
- Access to wider wallet – discounts on a wide range of websites, high street shops and great experiences for you and your family
- Merlin Entertainments Attraction
- Introduce a friend incentive
- Long Service celebrations
- Meals on duty
- Free parking
- Professional Uniform
What happens next?
We hope we have given you an insight into us, we now want an insight into you. We are passionate about our brand, are you? If you are, provide a supporting letter with your relevant CV and tell us why Champneys is for you.
We anticipate this to be a popular role, please bear with us whilst we review and read every application. We aim to get back to all applicants.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Champneys is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Champneys