Food & Beverage Server - Casual Associate - United Kingdom Posting Date
May 13, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, 1 Festival Square, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom Brand
Sheraton Hotels & ResortsSchedule
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another - and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got - on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Food and Beverage server to join our Restaurant Team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. Working in our One Square Bar + Brasserie, Club Lounge & Events on flexible hours, you will be expected to cover a variety of shifts including evenings and weekend when they are available.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
To work with the Food & Beverage team to ensure achievement of strategic departmental goals, especially in the area of guest satisfaction. To be prepared to work all shifts within the outlets to create a fully multi-skilled and productive Food and Beverage team.
- Provide excellent guest service by discovering all of our guests needs and acting on these needs promptly, effectively and with confidence.
- Work across all areas of Food & Beverage to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded and standards are consistently maintained.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all departments to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
- To be fully conversant with all restaurant policies and procedures.
- When fully competent, to work with the Manager and Team Leaders to provide effective on job training and coaching of new staff to help develop a highly skilled and motivated team, committed to both Hotel and departmental goals.
- Food & Beverage Service experience required
- Barista experience required
- Bartending experience preferred
- Previous experience in a client facing role within a luxury five star environment a distinct advantage
- Experience of working with reservation software (Opentable) preferred.
- Excellent written and fluent spoken English
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Impeccable personal presentation
You will join a fun loving and passionate team who excel in delivering world class standards and live and breathe the brands standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.