Receptionist - Front Desk - Edinburgh Posting Date
May 19, 2021Job Number
Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, 1 Festival Square, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom Brand
Sheraton Hotels & ResortsSchedule
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another - and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got - on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for a Receptionist (Guest Service Agent) to join our award winning Front Office team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
This is a full time role working 5 days out of 7 on a variety of shifts, the earliest start time being 06.30am.
Do you want to be part of a team of talented people, passionate about creating extraordinary experiences for our guests? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
To ensure the seamless delivery of all Reception procedures and provide outstanding guest service. Assist fellow team members in creating memorable guest experiences while maintaining a calm, professional environment at all times.
- Prepare documentation for daily business
- Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous welcome and farewell experience for guests
- Record and administer arrivals and departures including cash handling
- Ensuring guest's needs and complaints are dealt with speedily and recording as appropriate
- Full awareness of current daily status of Hotel
- Thoroughly conversant with all room types, dcor and outlook
- Be aware of daily functions, events, VIP and group arrivals
- Monitor the generic email inboxes and make sure guest's requests /correspondence is dealt with in a timely manner i.e. dinner / spa reservation requests or gift vouchers
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to TDD phones).
- Be the first point of contact for any internal or external calls and assist as necessarily included but not limited to: reservations enquiries, guest service request, room service orders, general questions, spa and restaurant reservations.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Follow up on all No Shows from previous day and action accordingly
- Pre-arrival checks ensuring traces, alerts, billing procedures are all correct and updated
- Liaise with third parties and travel agents in regards to bookings, billing, requests and maintain the extranet platforms when applicable.
- Assist with any Concierge inquiries and duties
- Oversee revenue management tasks including balancing room inventory and ensure rates codes are built correctly
- To carry out any other duties as required
We are looking for someone who is energetic and self-motivated and who has a passion for delivering great service in a warm professional manner and be able to work well under pressure.
Ideally you will have at least 1 year experience within a customer facing role, preferable within the Front Office department within a 5 star environment.
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
- High school diploma required, additional hospitality training preferred.
- Extensive Knowledge of Internet/MS Office applications and related IT preferred.
- Knowledge of the Opera PMS and Marriott systems is an advantage
- To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
- Great Customer Service Skills - Must enjoy guest interaction and be able to anticipate guest needs and maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
- Must be a Team Player - Demonstrate experience of building positive working relationships and promoting team spirit.
- Excellent command of English language (verbal and written)
You will join a fun loving and passionate team who excel in delivering world class standards and live and breathe the brand culture.
When you join Marriott International, the world's largest hospitality company, you will enjoy unlimited career opportunities; discounted hotel rates for you, your friends and your family; a food and beverage discount plus an environment where your development is our priority.
Salary: 18,535 per annum
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.