Supervisor-Front Desk - Edinburgh Posting Date
Jun 03, 2021Job Number
Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, 1 Festival Square, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom Brand
Sheraton Hotels & ResortsSchedule
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another - and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got - on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for a Duty Manager to join our award winning Front Office team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
- Ensure that we create memorable experiences for our guests
- Supervise the daytime Front Desk and assign specific tasks to manage the overall hotel operation.
- Handle guest complaints/requests and follow up with guests who have had issues and administer the GuestVoice portal.
- Liaise with other key departments such as Housekeeping, F&B, and Events and assist with tasks and requests in their absence when needed
- Build strong relationships with all guests and internal customers
- Manage and organize group arrivals and departures
- Allocation and welcome of all VIPs and guests with special requests
- Look after guest arrival- and departure experience
- Assist in training new staff members, coach them and monitor their performance
- Ensure the desk is covered at all times, allocating meal breaks sensibly
- Full awareness of current daily status of Hotel
- Communication and recording of complaints
- Thoroughly conversant with all room types, dcor and outlook
- Assist with room, One Spa, and One Square restaurant bookings as well as Gift voucher requests and maintain third party extranet platforms
- Ensure all billing instructions are actioned accordingly
- Follow Health and Safety procedures; point of contact for emergency situations
- Ensure all internal and external phones calls are responded to and followed up on
- Look after In Room Dining orders
- Prepare documentation for daily business
- Assist with Concierge requests and ensure public areas are well maintained and looked after
- Take over project and assist the FOM with project management and carry out any other duties as required
- Cover Night Manager position in their absence when required
We are looking for someone who is energetic and self-motivated with a "can do" attitude and who is ready to take the next step on your career path. Ideally you will have at least two years of experience within the Front Office department within a 5 star environment, with supervisory experience preferred.
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
- High school diploma required, additional hospitality training preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Internet/MS Office applications and related IT preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the Opera PMS
- Marriott experience is a distinct advantage
- Lead and support the team
- To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
- Great Customer Service Skills - Must enjoy guest interaction and be able to anticipate guest needs and maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
- Must be a Team Player - Demonstrate experience of building positive working relationships and promoting team spirit
- Excellent command of English language (verbal and written)
You will join a fun loving and passionate team who excel in delivering world class standards and live and breathe the brand culture.
When you join Marriott International, the world's largest hospitality company, you will enjoy unlimited career opportunities; discounted hotel rates for you, your friends and your family; a food and beverage discount plus an environment where your development is our priority.
Salary: 19,590 per annum
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.