Deputy Head Greenkeeper - WEST MIDLANDS Posting Date
Jun 07, 2021Job Number
Golf, Fitness, & EntertainmentLocation
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Meriden, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Food & Beverage team at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness centre.
To maintain designated areas of the golf course and guide other greenkeepers in order to maintain course quality and standards.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time/Part Time position based at the MARRIOTT FOREST OF ARDEN HOTEL
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- 2+ Years Previous experience working within a high end golf facility or similar Greenkeeping environment.
- Supervisory Experience preferred but not essential
- Good Knowledge of methods, materials and tools used in grounds and landscape construction work.
- Good knowledge of agronomy and greenkeeping practices / NVQ level 3 Qualified or similar.
- PA1 /PA2 Spraying license.
- Small tree fell / Cross cutting license.
- Drivers' license.
- Irrigation experience
Skills and Knowledge
Education or Certification
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Flexible with working hours (includes weekends) .
- Pro-active and reliable.
- Able to supervise a large team on a day to day basis.
- Carry out all Short take trainings on a daily basis.
- Strong Teamwork and Leadership Skills
- An understanding of course preparation in line with Tournament Golf standards on a day to day basis
- An understanding of 59 Club Course standards is preferred but not essential
- A basic understanding of Golf Course Machinery fleet
- A strong understanding of Health & Safety processes
- Good level of English essential
- Minimum NVQ level 3 trained or similar.
- First Aid Trained
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To perform / control general maintenance to all course areas, to a high standard.
- To undertake project work on designated area, for the improvement of the golf course.
- Performance Manage and Supervise direct reports - gardeners in addition to 1st Assistant, full time Greenkeepers and seasonal staff
- Assist Head Greenkeeper to repair Irrigation issues.
- Carry out/manage spraying and chainsaw tasks.
- HR - To execute all Marriott Hotel Trainings, Performance Management (1:1s with direct reports, LPPs, Development Plans); Host Daily Department Stand Up Meetings; assist in AES Plan execution
- Payroll - To assist Head Greenkeeper with Payroll costs and attend payroll meetings in his absence.
- Health & Safety - attend monthly meetings in Head Greenkeepers absence, ensure compliance
- Golf Audits - Ensure all criteria are met and action plan made non compliance items; complete monthly self assessment and quarterly self audit of department as set out in golf audits
- Operations - attend weekly meeting to discuss golf events/business for following 10 days
- Operations - Communicate daily with Golf Operations Team as to course conditions, course maintenance, golf buggy/trolley usage rules; Bunkers GUR etc
- Operations - Implement 59 Club Actions Plans following course visits
- Financial - To monitor course costs and to plan works in line with golf budget
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 39 hours per week.
- Good communication skills