Regional Operations Manager - Sidcup
About your role
As Regional Operations Manager, you will effectively support our clubs to help them deliver a fantastic customer experience within Bingo's Safest and Buzziest Community whilst driving our KPIs, managing project budgets and developing your own skills to become a future Regional Director. You will have to manage competing priorities on a daily basis, across a multi-site role, so will have to work well under pressure.
This is a field based role you will take responsibility for all clubs within London and the South East.
You will support our business by working closely with a number of different stakeholders within the company, including Regional Directors, HR Business Partners, Commercial Business Partners, Business Intelligence, Central teams and the Chief Retail Officer.Your tasks and responsibilities
- A key contributor to the regional strategy plan construction.
- A key supporter of the boost process, challenging, supporting, coaching and participating at all levels of the business.
- Lead and manage ad hoc projects at a local and central level as agreed with the Regional Director
- Cover Regional Director duties in their absence during sickness and holidays
- Sit on relevant working parties to investigate problems and suggest effective solutions
- Support training sessions with various operational groups
- Attend relevant meetings e.g. Operations meetings, Regional meetings, Project meetings and these meetings may be required to represent the views of the Retail Operations Team
- Responsibility for key cost lines within specific regions e.g. payroll, APM management, energy and local marketing
- Responsibility, in conjunction with the Regional Director, for the Profit & Loss (P&L) for a number of clubs
- Responsible for a group of reports where agreed with the Regional Director
- Conduct Business Review meetings with General Managers
- Conduct club visits in order to review standards and coach the Club Management Teams
- Responsible for project budgets and delivery within timescale and costs
- Deliver exceptional business and commercial performance across the Region by ensuring your clubs deliver on the customer experience, whilst achieving their financial targets
- Driving a management intensity and high performing team culture, whilst developing a culture where under performance is effectively managed and resolved
- Take action, in conjunction with the Regional Director, to address performance related issues that you have identified
- Contribute to and deliver the central Bingo Strategy across the region
- Inspiring and motivating General Managers to 'own' their performance, stretching them to deliver above business objectives and financial targets
- Identifying, nurturing and developing talent; proactively challenging individual performance through coaching and structured development plans
- Responsibility along with the Regional Director for owning and implementing a regional 'people plan' that focuses on engaging, developing and optimising the output of all regional resources with specialist input from the HR Business Partner
- Ensure Regional compliance with all Licensing and Health & Safety requirements including the completion of Due Diligence audits as and when required
Your skills and experience
A little bit about us...
- You have extensive experience leading teams & managing multi-site operations within the retail sector. Ideally you will have worked within Bingo or a high profit gaming sector, but we will also consider individuals possessing similar experience within other customer-facing retail industries.
- You will be a skilled people manager accustomed to leading a large group of people.
- Your knowledge and understanding of budget management is superb.
- You're skilled in succession planning and performance management.
- You will be highly commercial and results driven with a proven track record of continuous business growth & development.
- You're a key influencer & a proven leader. You will not settle for second best and will always be looking to drive improvements in the customer experience through your leadership approach.
- You are a hands-on, customer centric operator with an ambition to have a real impact & presence within our business.
- You're an excellent communicator with influencing and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure; you will be able to adapt to different situations and implement changes quickly.
Joining us means joining our family. We know lots of companies say that, but we really believe it's true. Our teams in Club Support Centre and our clubs across the country are smart, energised, and passionate about what they do. We know each person here can make a big difference, so we'll support your professional goals, give you what you need to thrive, and help you accomplish the right results - whatever your role. We're dedicated to building Bingo's Safest and Buzziest Community every single day and making our players feel as much a part of our family as we do.