Sous Chef - Chepstow Posting Date
May 27, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club, St. Pierre Park, Chepstow, Wales, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Fixed Term Contracts
Assist in managing all kitchen operations and staff on a daily basis to ensure a consistent, high quality food product. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas including banquets, room service, restaurants, bar/lounge and associate cafeteria. As a department deputy manager, directs and works with the Exec Chef & Senior & Sous Chefs, and food & beverage management team and associates to successfully execute all kitchen operations; strives to continually improve guest and associate engagement and maximize the financial performance in all areas of responsibility.
- At least 2 years' experience as Junior Sous Chef or Chef in a similar sized property.
- Food and Beverage culinary management experience with demonstrated leadership and results
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent culinary skills; possesses the ability to perform all functions in the culinary operation
- Knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- Experience in high volume operation and menu composition
- Understanding of Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, Room Service and Catering operational procedures
- Effective decision making skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong consensus building skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to acquire and maintain good working relationships e.g. associates, customers, vendors
- Strong customer and associate relationship building skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect kitchen and related areas
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively manage own work execution
- Kitchen equipment technical knowledge e.g. rationale ovens
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and systems
- Effective influencing skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Effective change management skills
- Good training/facilitator skills
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards
We offer our associates;
- Competitive pay for every hour worked plus potential gratuities
- Meals on duty
- Leisure membership at the hotel
- Global hotel room discounts for Marriott and it's brands
- Worldwide food and drink discounts
- Complimentary uniform
- Inclusive car parking
You're welcomed here
When you work with us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we'll make sure you feel right at home.
St Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking, and generous global hotel and product discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds' largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Ideally placed in Chepstow, South Wales close to the M48, St Pierre is a picturesque location with two fantastic golf courses where no two days are the same. With an exciting blend of guests , our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and great dining at our hotel's three outlets.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws