Senior Kitchen Supervisor - Senior Sous Chef - Cardiff Posting Date
May 28, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Cardiff Marriott Hotel, Mill Lane, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Job Title: Senior Sous Chef
Introduction to the Marriott Brand
Marriott International represents the largest hotel chain in the world. With a portfolio of over 30 brands and an occupancy in over 120 countries worldwide, Marriott regularly looks to grow and develop its global presence. It this alongside our vision to become, 'the world's favourite travel company', which allows us to expand our talent pool today. So if you'd like the opportunity to be a part of an ever growing, ever developing organisation, who will invest in your development, then apply today.
Introduction to the Cardiff Marriott Hotel
As the capital and largest city in Wales, Cardiff represents an attractive destination for both business people and tourists alike. The Cardiff Marriott Hotel is located in the heart of Cardiff and has a range of picturesque views which take in the Principality Stadium, Cardiff Bay and Castell Coch. These represent only a few of the activities available in the centre of Cardiff where there are other cultural and sporting institutions, as well as the Motorpoint arena and the National Assembly of Wales.
The Cardiff Marriott hotel caters for a whole range of guests by providing both a personal and friendly service, alongside our exceptional facilities, including our Market Kitchen Restaurant and our Leisure club. This alongside the exceptional transport links located on the hotels doorstep has allowed the Cardiff Marriott Hotel to firmly establish itself as a leading brand within the area.
The Role Itself and the Duties Involved
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Kitchen department for a Senior Sous Chef. This is a permanent position, with a contracted work time of 40 hours over 5 days.
Main Duties Include:
- Oversee and support the Sous & JNR Sous Chef in compiling all menus and special requirements for all F&B outlets.
- Support the Executive Chef in menu planning, ordering and training of kitchen associates.
- Assist Exec Chef in all food purchasing, taking into consideration, seasonal food, price fluctuations and business levels and ensuring that all menu items are available, whilst maintaining food costs target.
- Make sure all food leaving the kitchen is of the high standard expected from the executive chef.
- Responsibility for stock control and stock counts, accruals, transfers and critique.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Responsible for rotas, holiday tracking and timely input into oracle and ensuring that use of holidays is managed throughout the year and not bottle-necked into peak periods.
- Full responsibility for the year end reviews for your nominated associates
- Record keeping.
- Maintaining brand standards.
Qualifications and Skills
There are a range of qualifications, skills and characteristics we are looking for to successfully fill this role. These include:
- Previous experience working within a Kitchen or similar environment preferred.
- Previous experience managing a team
- Good level of English.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, spoken).
- People management and organisation skills.
- Flexible to work any shift including weekends, bank holidays and nights on occasions.
Progression and Benefits
'Open doors to opportunity' is Marriott's primary vision and as a consequence, the organisation is regularly looking to invest in its associates to ensure they are given the opportunities to grow and progress. To support this there are a range of benefits the company offers, including:
- Free meals on shift.
- Discounted stays at Marriott hotels worldwide.
- Free Car parking
- Training and development opportunities.
- Service awards and recognition gifts
Given the current climate, we operate a Covid-19 safe space, with all correct PPE and social distancing rules followed, along with hotel and departmental Covid-19 risk assessments in place. Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.