Chef de Partie - Chepstow Posting Date
Jun 01, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club, St. Pierre Park, Chepstow, Wales, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
We welcome you to join our global and diverse family. Whether you're new to hospitality or a seasoned professional, you can come to us knowing that you will always be appreciated for your natural talents. Your positive energy and people-pleasing mindset are an important part of why our guests stay with us again and again.
You'll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
Culinary associates at our Marriott Hotels & Country Clubs enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests & events including weddings, golf, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
As a Chef de Partie, you will be required to;
- Organise and lead your assigned section of the kitchen
- Work enthusiastically as a member of our busy kitchen team
- Undertake training & development from senior chefs
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including washing, peeling & chopping
- Maintain fridges and other food storage areas, monitoring and recording temperatures
- cook and plate food according to agreed recipes and standards of mise en place
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers in a safe manner & ensuring correctness of temperatures.
- Set-up and break down work station, washing and disinfecting kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
We offer our associates;
- Competitive pay for every hour worked plus potential gratuities
- Meals on duty
- Leisure membership at the hotel
- Global hotel room discounts for Marriott and it's brands
- Worldwide food and drink discounts
- Complimentary uniform
- Inclusive car parking
You're welcomed here
When you work with us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we'll make sure you feel right at home.
St Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking, and generous global hotel and product discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds' largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Ideally placed in Chepstow, South Wales close to the M48, St Pierre is a picturesque location with two fantastic golf courses where no two days are the same. With an exciting blend of guests , our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and great dining at our hotel's two outlets.