Food and Beverage Associate - Chepstow Posting Date
Jun 04, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club, St. Pierre Park, Chepstow, Wales, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Fixed Term Contracts
Explore our very big world
We welcome you to join our global and diverse family. Whether you're new to hospitality or a seasoned professional, you can come to us knowing that you will always be appreciated for your natural talents. Your positive energy and people-pleasing mindset are an important part of why our guests stay with us again and again.
You'll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
The impact you'll make
You know the finest details of our menu and can't wait to share your expertise with our guests. When they dine with us, your warm greeting, flawless table settings, and your friendly demeanor do not go unnoticed. No matter the day, you set out to provide each guest with a dining experience that will be remembered long after their stay.
What you'll be doing
- Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
- Serve food and beverages to guests making recommendations if needed
- Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
- Record transactions in the MICROS system correctly and timely
- Check-in with guests to assure satisfaction with each course and beverage
- Clean tables, complete closing duties and re-stock tableware and other supplies
- Responsible for maintaining Covid Practices and social distancing
- Verifying track and trace procedures and records are consistently maintained
- Enforcing guest adherance to Covid procedures, inclusive of social distancing, face coverings and verification of household status
- Maintaining and managing Covid venue capacities
- Responsible for maintaining Covid Practices and Social Distancing
- Verifying Track and Trace procedures and records are consistently maintained
- Enforcing guest adherence to Covid procedures, inclusive of social distancing, face coverings and verification of household status
- Maintaining and Managing Covid venue capacities
What we're looking for
- Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous serving experience is a big plus
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we'll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
You're welcomed here
You're a food and beverage enthusiast who really enjoys making others feel at home. When you work with us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we'll make sure you feel right at home.
St Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking,and generous global hotel and product discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds' largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Ideally placed in Chepstow, South Wales close to the M48, St Pierre is a picturesque location with two fantastic golf courses where no two days are the same. With an exciting blend of guests , our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and great dining at our hotel's two outlets.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.