We are GAME.
We’re all about building the most valuable community for gamers, bringing them latest games, exclusive editions, and hottest consoles to the UK. We’re the UK’s No.1 high-street videogames retailer for a reason – and we’re looking for someone special to join us.
Think you’re up for the challenge?
Responsible for providing proactive maintenance and support for Game stores, Head Office, and Distribution Centre (on-site and remote). Daily duties will range from; troubleshooting and resolving technical issues, PC imaging, hardware replacement, user administration, liaising with 3rd parties and other technical teams to resolve issues.
- Accurately update and process each ticket and, following known and agreed processes, carry out full fault diagnosis to identify whether the ticket can be resolved with an aim toward first time fix and reducing onsite time.
- Deal with and if needed own Major Incidents
- Respond to and monitor network, server and any other type of alerts
- Be logged in and ready to work at your contractual start time, in order to ensure continuous support.
- Work towards achieving a 95% FTF percentage.
- When required, identify the correct resolution / group for each customer ticket and ensure that clear and concise information is recorded on the individual ticket to assist swift resolution.
- Ensure that the customer or user is kept fully updated throughout its lifecycle.
- Input to and update the Game Knowledge Base to maximise the speed of resolution and improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that all activities, including any chases or follow ups are added to ITSM Tool or, where applicable, the customers’ databases.
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times in order to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Meet all support standards and agreed response times, ensuring that follow up information is logged and added to the correct support ticket.
- Any Ad Hoc reports or work is completed within agreed time frames.
- Managing the tickets and communication between all 3rd parties.
- Providing technical support or deskside support.
- Completing scheduled installations
- Working as part of a team delivering complete infrastructure solutions
- Responsible for the resolution of all internal and external application issues
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills & Experience Required
- Previous experience required in a 2nd or 1st line support position.
- Good knowledge of MS Office products
- Excellent Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Minimum of a CompTIA A+ or N+ accreditation
- Knowledge of call management systems
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a willingness to learn and adapt to any new change or situation
- Detailed and methodical in their approach to problem solving.
- Formal ITIL foundation v3 qualification is preferred
- Able to digest data, analyse issues, devise and execute action plans as appropriate
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Process driven with the ability to be innovative
- Excellent Inter-personal skills; ability to communicate with customers at all levels
- Not essential but recognised qualifications: Microsoft MTA, Windows, CompTIA Security+, Smart phone support – Windows/ iPhone / Android.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft environments
- Excellent documentation skills
- Demonstrably comfortable working on own initiative and as part of a project team
- Experience with supporting managed wireless solutions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, while retaining a positive, friendly and ‘can do’ attitude.
An opportunity like this at Game is for the fearless. The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles:
- Think without limits and take the team with you
- Own it and back it
- Not hesitate and act with purpose
- Be commercial and customer-focused.