Service Transition Lead
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
About the role
Pets at Home are embarking on initiatives to enhance technical capability that will revolutionise our pet care customer experience so currently have a vacancy for Service Transition Lead operating within the Group IT Service Delivery function who will ensure the successful integration of a new service initiatives into our support portfolio.
Aligned to Pets at Home’s Change Delivery Lifecycle, the Service Transition Lead will facilitate all aspects of service change deriving from programmes and projects, from the stage where a project is owned fully by a project team, working closely with Business representatives, Projects teams, Service Owners, and Service Delivery support teams through transition and build of the service, before successfully landing into Service Delivery.
- Partner with the new service programme stakeholders across IT and Business teams to ensure delivery of service governance, design and support model documentation, and the build of those services is aligned with Pets at Home ITSM policy & ITIL standards for successful ‘live’ operation and support of a new service in BAU.
- Validate, define & articulate the benefits case for service NFRs, providing service lens overseeing the commercial and operational build readiness of support functions and colleagues achieving those NFR in service.
- Create and define the Service Support documentation to ensure effective management of new services that are supportable and meet business availability needs.
- Provide service governance oversee the readiness of new services for BAU operation to effectively support our colleague technical resources are available and resources have been correctly provisioned in line with release timescales.
- Manage the early life support warranty of new in-life services through to handover into BAU support; provide advice and guidance and support to teams, and support error investigation and recovery.
- Apply Service Transition principles and mentor staff across IT to continually improve the Service Transition capability.
About your experience
- Project Delivery experience
- Technical background to understand the different architectures of the core systems, and to understand the impact of new technologies; experience of enterprise level applications will be an advantage,
- Minimum of two years’ experience as IT Service Manager or Transition Lead within a complex and diverse organisation
- DevOps IT Service Manager certificate
- Project delivery certifications; Prince2, AgilePM
About Our Purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits.