Food & Beverage Associate at St. Pancras Renaissance - London Posting Date
Jun 01, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, St. Pancras Station, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you're in the right place. You've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for anyone. We're looking for someone like you.
Let your passion for discovery become a career. Explore, discover, share and inspire at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel
As a Host at St Pancras, you are responsible for delivering the warmest of five star welcomes in one of our Food & Beverage outlets - The Booking Office. Our guests visit us with expectations of attentive yet relaxed service where your personality and professionalism are delivered in equal measures. The reality of your role and the responsibility you hold is that you can either make or break a guest experience depending on the service you provide. One warm smile and one warm welcome at a time is how we've built our reputation and it's your job to uphold this! Goodbyes are just as important as a warm welcome and creating memorable moments for our guests in your role is key. You will also be responsible for using reservation systems, answering guest enquiries (both telephone and email), and delivering information on pricing, product and menu items.
You'll need to know your stuff:
- Product (food & beverage), menu, operational, service knowledge is essential
- Knowledge of the overall hotel operations is essential for this role to understand the part you play in the wider guest experience.
- You must be proactive with your learning; this includes menu items and service standards - you are welcome to take copies of menu's etc off shift with you to be able to do this
- Our guests must receive a consistent level of service the first, second and fifth time they visit The Booking Office - if you do not keep up to date with changes within the department, you will not be able to successfully execute this.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Hygiene (sanitation, cleanliness)
- Knowledge of reservation systems and computer software
- Excellence in spoken and written English is key in responding to guest enquiries
- Attendance at Monthly departmental meetings and 1:1's is essential for you to have the knowledge you need in your role.
You'll be expected to deliver on the following:
- Maintain an exceptionally high standard of five star luxury lifestyle service within The Booking Office.
- Attitude, grooming standard, body language and tone need to be positive, supportive and on brand at all times.
- You are expected to deliver service to your full potential when you are here - our guests are paying good money in all outlets in the hotel and without them, we wouldn't be able to receive our monthly wage.
- In return for delivering extraordinary service, you will be entitled to receive a portion of the service charge that our guests leave us if they have had a great experience.
- You're expected to maintain the cleanliness of all F&B equipment and areas at all times.
- You are also expected to carry out other duties that may be required to ensure the F&B and overall hotel operation is properly maintained to provide a total guest experience.
Do you want to be part of a team of talented people, passionate about creating extraordinary experiences in London's most iconic hotel? Then we look forward to receiving your application
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law