Front Office Associate - WiltshirePosting Date
Jun 03, 2021Job Number
Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Swindon Marriott Hotel, Pipers Way, Wiltshire, WILTSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Introduction to the Marriott Brand
Marriott International represents the largest hotel chain in the world. With a portfolio of over 30 brands and an occupancy in over 120 countries worldwide, Marriott regularly looks to grow and develop its global presence. It this alongside our vision to become, 'the world's favourite travel company', which allows us to expand our talent pool today. So if you'd like the opportunity to be a part of an ever growing, ever developing organisation, who will invest in your development, then apply today.
Introduction to the Swindon Marriott Hotel
Located at the gateway to the Cotswolds, Swindon Marriott Hotel is conveniently situated close to the historic Old Town, the Swindon train station, Swindon Designer Outlet and the Steam Museum, as well as popular destinations like Bath, Oxford and Stonehenge. The hotel itself has picturesque views over the gardens and tennis courts and a range of facilities including: Cast Iron Bar & Grill, our signature restaurant, a fitness centre, an indoor swimming pool, as well as a steam room and sauna. Our modern hotel also offers a pillarless ballroom, an enchanting garden and nine meeting rooms, ideal for everything from social celebrations to corporate meetings.
The Swindon Marriott hotel caters for a whole range of guests by providing both a personal and friendly service, alongside our exceptional facilities. This alongside the transport links located close to the hotel allows Swindon Marriott hotel to firmly establish itself as a leading brand within the area.
The Role Itself and the Duties Involved
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Front Office department for a new Front Office Supervisor. The role itself is a permanent position and you will be contracted 40 hours over 5 days.
Main Duties Include:
- Process guest check-ins, assigning rooms and activating room keys
- Co-ordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and report any guest concerns
- Answer, respond to and process all guest calls, messages, questions or concerns
- Give guests information and directions regarding property and local areas of interest
- Process check-outs and resolving any disputed charges
- Process payments and room charges, as well as cashing guests' personal and traveller's cheques
- Confirm reservations and cancellations, running daily reports on the number of arrivals and departures
- Following Brand Standards in all aspects of the job role.
Qualifications and Skills
There are a range of qualifications, skills and characteristics we are looking for to successfully fill this role. These include:
- Previous experience working within a similar environment is preferred.
- A warm, people-oriented demeanour
- A team-first attitude
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills and multi-tasking ability
- The ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time across a work shift
Progression and Benefits
'Open doors to opportunity' is Marriott's primary vision and as a consequence, the organisation is regularly looking to invest in its associates to ensure they are given the opportunities to grow and progress. To support this there are a range of benefits the company offers, including:
- Free meals on shift.
- Free use of our on-site leisure facilities.
- Discounted stays at Marriott hotels worldwide.
- Free Car parking.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Service awards and recognition gifts.
Given the current climate, we operate a Covid-19 safe space, with all correct PPE and social distancing rules followed, along with hotel and departmental Covid-19 risk assessments in place. Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.