Sous Chef – EightyEight
Pan-Asian Sous Chef at Grantley Hall
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, five exceptional restaurants and seven sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Do you have a passion for delivering exceptional quality cuisine with passion for sustainability and local produce? We’re looking for a Sous Chef to join our EightyEight Restaurant team. Working alongside Head Chef, Shane Zhao, you will be heavily involved in creating unforgettable dishes for our guests. Offering a unique fusion of Yorkshire produce and far Eastern flavours.
If you would like to work for an award-winning hotel in the heart of Yorkshire, please apply.
- 48 Hour contract / 5 days over 7
- Monthly Bonus (Service Charge)
- Lunch Service Wednesday to Sunday
- Dinner Service 7 days per week
- Working with a brigade of 10
- To assist the head chef in the day to day running of the kitchen.
- To ensure the training and standards are kept at all times.
- To ensure all products entering and leaving the kitchens are to the set Grantley standards.
- To be aware of up to date modern trends and be “industry aware”.
- An interest in Japanese/Chinese/Thai/Far Eastern cooking.
- Be a clear communicator and enjoy leading a team.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experiences
- The successful Sous Chef will be confident, self-motivated and present a professional personal in all circumstances.
- Have a high level of creativity and reliability.
- A flexible approach to work is required given the start-up nature of the business.
- Held a similar position as Sous within a hotel or banqueting venue.
We have an exciting opportunity for Sous Chef to join our EightyEight Pan-Asian team to ensure our guests receive a five star service.
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a Royal London pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Chef Whites, laundered in-house.
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5-star career at a 5 star hotel.