Fusion Lifestyle are now hiring Operations Assistants - Fitness Support
Fusion Lifestyle’s Operations Assistants - Fitness Support provide key operational support across all areas of the leisure centre, whilst delivering excellent customer service levels at all times. The areas of responsibility are covered by three main strands: hygiene and safety, customer care and satisfaction, and fitness activity support.
To be successful as an Operations Assistant, you will need excellent communication skills, including listening, questioning and delivering effective feedback, the ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers, and the ability to motivate and inspire others to do better.
You’ll need to be flexible and able to work to suit the needs of the customers and the business, and have a “can-do”, team-player attitude; nothing is too much trouble for you!
You will need experience of working in a similar role within a fast-paced/high-footfall environment, and experience of delivering first class customer service to a diverse client base.
Other essential criteria include a CIMSPA endorsed /REPS 2 Fitness Qualification, a First Aid at Work Qualification and AED, and understanding of relevant health and safety legislation, (and the ability to exercise these in the workplace).
This is a diverse role where you will be asked to cover varying areas of the Centre on a daily basis. Some of the main responsibilities of the role will include, (but are not limited to):
Fitness Activity Support:
- Provide a visible presence in fitness/gym areas of the centre to support and advise in safely and hygienically using all fitness activities and products
- Safely supervise activities within the centre and operate the equipment in a manner consistent with safe working practice, ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the facility
- Assist with daily operations ensuring effective, accurate and timely set-ups, take-downs and changeovers
- Bring to the attention of customers and management any risks in using fitness equipment and activities around hygiene and safety
- Provide emergency shift cover across the centre as required and qualified for, including lifeguard cover
Customer Care and Satisfaction:
- Actively engage with members of the public in their use of the facilities, encouraging repeat bookings, dealing with any customer queries and delivering a high level of customer service
- Assist customers to understand and select the right membership options to suit their enjoyment of the services
- Own and action the handling of customer feedback, escalating complaints where appropriate
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies and operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding Policy
- Participate in sale and daily lead generation activities as directed
- Communicate and promote centre services and revenue opportunities
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out testing and other health and safety checks as directed by Centre Management, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times across all areas of the Centre
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing to the attention of the Centre Management any faults or major repairs
- Proactively manage customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
Some of the employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (Pro rata, contractual)
- Employer Contribution Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres*
- Industry Leading Training
- Career advancement opportunities
*Please note that non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time.
We are passionate about getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast-paced environment.
If you are looking to further your career in leisure, then we want to hear from you!
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.