Casual Waiting Staff - Blanchland
IMMEDIATE START / Full – Time / Award winning team / Restaurant and Hotel Discounts / In-house Training / Paid overtime and Tips / Required: Experience in a hotel environment / Organisational and good computer skills
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Night porter to join our vibrant, successful and passionate Front of House team.
As a Night Porter, you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency of excellence is continued throughout the night, safeguarding our guests and the property.
- You will be readily available at all times to deal with queries, problems or complaints during the night, ensuring that telephone calls are handled promptly and courteously
- You will ensure that all front of house areas are clean and tidy at all times, including cloakrooms
- You will complete all tasks on each shift to a full and make sure that handover takes place at the end of the shift
- You will perform any other duties required overnight, including the preparation of food & beverage items as per agreed policy & menu
- You will need to be self-motivated with high attention to detail and pride in having ownership for all tasks
Of course, good industry knowledge and some previous experience in a hotel environment is desirable. A great telephone voice would also not go a miss.
What’s the best about The Lord Crewe Arms? – Our team! They are fun, hardworking and easy going. If you like a good laugh, bit of a chat and know how to pour a pint – join us!
The Lord Crewe Arms is set in the small, remote and very picturesque village of Blanchland high on the Northumbrian Moors in the North Pennines. It is a hotel that is difficult to place into conventional star rated categories. The ground floor has the feeling of a very special and atmospheric pub, serving really good food, in a unique atmosphere. The bar is a place for locals and visitors alike, serving good beer, well-chosen wines and coffee all day. The bedrooms are supremely comfortable with top quality beds, linen and towelling, in a modern country style.
The perks when working for The Calcot Collection:
- Personal development programmes through the Calcot Academy
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Paid overtime and tips
- Uniform provided
- Meals while on duty
- Free car park
- Long service awards
- Discounts on stays within The Calcot Collection £50 B&B (T&C’s apply)
- 50% discount on food purchases within our restaurants (Wine & Bar will be charged)
- Spa Discount – 15% off Spa products, 20% off Spa treatments
- Staff Christmas pressie vouchers for use in any of our properties
- Employee assistance programme
Training and support:
The company runs an integrated scheme designed to reach all levels under the banner of the Calcot Academy. We are committed to people development at all stages and the long service of our key staff bears witness to this.
The Calcot Collection is a small privately-owned company that is home to a portfolio of four acclaimed hotels. Not considering ourselves as a group, each of our hotels celebrates its own style and personality and offers a different and unique experience that is signature to their offering.