Cafe Assistant - Chester
At Total Fitness, we are made of more. We provide more ways to get fit, stay in shape, and more support to keep our members focused. Our 17 health clubs across the North of England and Wales provide a full service fitness offering; guided by our knowledgeable and supportive fitness teams, we work hard to meet the individual needs of our members.
We began in 1993 with a strong belief that everyone is better fitter, and our belief is stronger than ever today. We know that true fitness needs variety to keep workouts fresh and engaging, that’s why our large health clubs offer a range of facilities to stay fit- extensive gym floors, three swimming pools, over 70 classes a week, indoor running tracks, ladies only gyms and family facilities. Variety provides our members a route to all-encompassing fitness that lasts longer than a one off spin class.
Over 600 staff, with support from our fitness partners, deliver our purpose daily to over 95,000 members.
We’re made of more, because you are.
Reporting to the café manager you will be making our members feel great by cooking and serving our tasty food and drinks and giving them your excellent service every day.
What will I be doing?
- Cooking and presenting our ‘Thrive’ food and drinks to specification every time and ensuring a fast service.
- Keeping our kitchen and Cafe clean, tidy and presented to Thrive standards
- Knowing food hygiene and health & safety standards and making sure me, my team members and members are always safe.
- Keeping to the food hygiene standards, carrying out the necessary checks, maintaining accurate records and reporting any contraventions to the café manager immediately.
- Keeping the deli filled up to Thrive Standards.
- Using every opportunity to smile and talk to our members.
- Working the till with speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Knowing our menu and encouraging members to try things.
- Knowing the health benefits of our menu and being able to offer advice.
- Checking back with members to make sure they are happy.
- Focusing on energy conservation/cost reduction, particularly with gas and water.
- Taking ownership to resolve member’s queries or complaints.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with team members.
- Knowing our club and engaging with members about their activities.
- Following the Thrive Ways of Working.
What qualifications, skills and experience do I need?
- Basic Food Hygiene desirable.
- Experience of preparing and handling food is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Can show a genuine passion when engaging with individuals.
- Strong listening and collaboration skills.
- Team player.
In return we will offer you:
- Training and development opportunities that will enable you to advance as far as your talent and determination will take you
- Free gym membership with a plus one and 2 discounted memberships for family members or friends
- Workplace pension scheme
- Discount on retail and café products
- 28 days holidays including public/bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff)