Reception & Reservationist - Colchester, Essex
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf and Spa have an exciting role for a Reception and Reservations Executive to join the Commercial Team in this award-winning resort. We are without a doubt a forward thinking and fast developing family run resort with exciting prospects for the future. We pride ourselves on quality, atmosphere and fun above all else, we are looking for a bright and ambitious Reception and Reservation Executive, who is looking to develop their career and be part of an amazing team.
Working as part of the Commercial team, and reporting to the Reception and Reservations Manager, the successful candidate will work to deliver Reception duties and all Reservations for the resort;
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Processing of all incoming hotel reservations and lodge reservations including spa breaks, spa days, treatment bookings, golf tee time bookings and dining.
- Ensure the accuracy of bookings through regular checks and reports.
- Assisting with golf breaks by uploading rooming lists and ensuring payment is secured in advance.
- Support in the account management of key room accounts and LBR’s to maximize on revenue and cross sell opportunities.
- Cross selling and upselling when taking all reservation bookings.
- Check in and out of guests.
- Effective cash handling.
- Responding to guest queries face to face and over the phone.
- Understand all event sales to support in generating events sales.
- Upselling to our guests on arrival to promote Spa, Dining and Golf, Room Upgrade, Late check out.
- Supporting the team with daily tasks.
- Working as a team to exceed budgeted revenue, room night and departmental targets
- Conduct a suitable handover for passing on messages and any other information from one shift to another.
- Implement and oversee the companywide VIP recognition program
- Courtesy Calls, Pre-arrival calls.
- Customer Assistance.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Polite and friendly telephone manner.
- Good communication skills with groups and individuals.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing needs across areas of responsibility and business on a daily basis.
- Ability to deal with customer complaints and difficult requests both face to face and over the phone. In addition to this an ability to see situations from a customer’s perspective, when dealing with an issue or potential problem.
- Good knowledge and understanding of using excel spreadsheets, word and able to construct letters.
- Knowledge or understanding of hotel software and systems including payments via PDQ machine.
- Ability to work with numbers including understanding percentages and applying discounts.
- A good knowledge of the hotel’s day to day, including daily management meetings and any events that are taking place.
- Good product knowledge and knowledge of hotel offers. In addition to this a forward thinking approach that increases sales and looks to improve the customer journey and experience.
- Commercially minded individual who will be proactive in feedback to sales and marketing.
- Understanding of reporting phone system stats, targets and working to Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Ability to look for resolution and solve problems, the individual will be a team player and eager to help other teams where required for the greater needs of the business.
- Good time keeper.
This role carries a competitive salary as well as additional employee package benefits. Due to our location, having your own transport is essential. Hours will include regular weekend shifts as well as early shifts and late shifts, finishing at 10pm.
From 3 months, subject to passing your probation period NOT contractual and subject to change.
- Free overnight B&B midweek stay with a partner on completion of your probation to constructively critique the experience
- Complimentary use of Peake Fitness (subject to availability)
- Complimentary use of the 2 golf courses (subject to availability)
- 20% discount on food and drink purchases
- Free Health insurance for you with option to include partner and children at a discounted cost
- Discounted rate for Hotel rooms for yourself, Family and Friends (see rates below)
- 10% discount on Lodge bookings
- 10% discount on spa treatments
- Discounted event tickets
- Cycle to work scheme available
- Childcare vouchers available
- Use of practice facility (balls free of charge)
After 1 year
- Significant other or a sibling or parent to receive 50% off of off-peak membership of G&L facilities
- Can nominate 5 people onto the friends and family scheme for last minute notification of reduced rates for Hotel rooms, Lodges and treatments
Free overnight stay on completion of probation. This will need to be taken within a certain timeframe, and subject to current bookings and availability.
For staff bookings up to 7 days in advance, hotel room rates for a member of staff (can include a guest in the room at no additional cost) are £55 B & B Monday – Thursday, £75 B & B Friday – Sunday
For staff bookings up to 3 months in advance, hotel room rates for a member of staff (can include a guest in the room at no additional cost) are £75 B&B Mon-Thu, £95 B&B Fri-Sun (only a maximum of 2 rooms per night can be booked at this rate on the same night in the hotel, and is on a first come first served basis).