A Lifeguard job role is now available at the five star Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa in Somerset!
Our modern and recently renovated indoor heated swimming pool is open to both guests and the general public. The successful candidate will work with the Leisure Manager at Cheddar Woods to ensure the safe and effective operation of the leisure and swimming pool complex in line with Darwin Escapes impeccably high standards which are adhered to by all departments.
You will work within the team to ensure the pool and leisure areas operate safely and efficiently. Alongside conducting regular checks of the pool and changing areas, you will be on the lookout for any hazards or issues and ensure these are dealt with.
A current NPLQ is essential to this role. Ongoing training for this will be provided.
Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure. This will be paid by Darwin Escapes.
This is a seasonal role to work variable hours including weekends and Bank Holidays.
This Lifeguard job at Cheddaar Woods is perfect for candidates who are looking for a role in the pool and leisure industry within a commutable distance of Axbridge.
Key responsibilities -
- Continuous observation of swimmers and spectators
- Frequent checking of all areas, and action as necessary to maintain hygiene, cleanliness and safety at all times
- Check plant and carry our pool water tests regularly
- Check and record all guest passes
- Advise guests on current activity programmes
- Record any accidents and administer first aid, as required
What experience you will need -
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred
- A current NPLQ is essential
What skills you will need -
- A full UK Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous to enable you to get easily to the holiday resort
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A can-do positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Pool plant qualification is an advantage
- First aid at work qualification is an advantage
What we offer -
- Competitive rate of pay
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions