Activity & Equipment Coordinator
Ultimate Activity Camps is a leading provider of holiday childcare in the UK. Our trusted holiday camps operate at venues across the country offering outstanding childcare & activity provision to children whilst providing peace of mind to parents.
The role of the Activity & Equipment Coordinator is to assist with the safe delivery of camp under the COVID-19 guidance set out by the government.
You will be expected to assist the camp staff with the set-up, cleaning and preparation of classroom areas and equipment, so they can be used safely during the next timetabled session. During sign-in and sign-out times you will be stationed on the front desk with Camp Manager to welcome children to camp and take them to their assigned bubble. Throughout the day you will act as a floating staff member to assist with the movement of children around the camp setting when other staff members are unable to leave their bubble.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with setting up equipment ready for the safe delivery of camp activities.
• Assist with sign-in procedures, acting as a runner and welcoming children on to camp.
• Assist with the implementation of procedures relating to infection prevention through cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, classroom areas and equipment.
• To ensure we maintain staff:child ratios, you must be prepared to cover staff absence by delivering a range of engaging activities to children aged 4-14.
• Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children on camp, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
• Continuously promote the welfare of the children and contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional and social care offered by Ultimate Activity Camps.
• Help to set up the Ultimate Activity Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day.
• At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Activity Camps.
• Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment.
• Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
• Experience working with children in some capacity, ideally studying towards a qualification in sports, performing arts, teaching or childcare.
• Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through play and activity.
• Good organisation and communication skills.
• Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on camp.
• Someone looking for a challenging but fun job in the holidays, looking to begin their career in the childcare industry.
• Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) or First Aid at Work qualification.
• Contract: Seasonal work available in school holidays (Easter, Summer and half terms).
• Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm weekdays. Full time or part time roles available and additional hours available for staff that hold a paediatric first aid qualification.
• Pay: £312.45 to £474.30 per week, depending on hours and experience. This consists of a base pay of £278.80 to £423.25 per week, plus an additional £37.60 to £51.10 holiday pay.