Casual Room Attendant - LondonPosting Date
May 27, 2021Job Number
Housekeeping & LaundryLocation
The London EDITION, 6-9 Berners Street, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Are you are looking for a job in hospitality but don't want the commitment of a set number of hours or shift patterns? Do you value flexibility in your work schedule and want to be in charge of your own rota? Then this is the role for you! Join the team at XXX as a casual today.
How does it work?
- When shifts become available you will be contacted and asked to work - no commitment or set expectations. Remember this is a job that works around your schedule!
- Shift available will vary (Day/Evening/Night). Something to suit everyone.
- Hourly pay and you will be paid on a monthly basis (3rd Friday of the month)
- Not only will you join an engaged and motivated team but you will also be provided with training to help you excel.
- Meals and uniform are provided.
- As a casual worker you will have your foot in the door, giving you insight and opportunity to apply for permanent roles that become available (if you wish).
The impact you'll make
When a guest walks into any of our rooms - imagine that first look around they take. Followed by that sigh of relief because they've arrived to their home away from home, be it for a night or a week, and it's perfect. Everything is exactly in its place.
Crisp, pressed linens. Perfectly placed pillows. A sparkling mirror. Every detail adding up to an experience our guests feel great about because they know they're in good hands while staying with us. That's the impact you make with your efforts, which become even bigger when those experiences add up and create a loyal customer.
What you'll do
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms
- Make beds and fold sheets
- Remove trash, dirty linens and room service items
- Greet guests and take care of requests
- Straighten desk items, furniture and appliances
- Dust, polish and remove marks from walls and furnishings
- Vacuum carpets and floor care duties
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional demeanor, clear communication and appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we'll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
You're welcome here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you're important to us and that you'll make an impact in your role, and for that, you'll be appreciated and valued.
EDITION is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.