Cluster Golf & Sport Event Executive - United Kingdom Posting Date
May 27, 2021Job Number
Sales & MarketingLocation
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Meriden, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Cluster Golf & Sport Event Executive is responsible for supporting the hotels within the Golf & Country Club Cluster. The expectations of the role will be to support the hotels as directed by the Cluster Senior Event Manager Support will comprise of responding and managing incoming enquiries, from conversion through to seamless transition to on property team. It is essential to be available when required to work at specific properties for a period of time. Flexibility in travel is necessary in this role. The Cluster Golf & Sport Event Executive provides excellent customer service through every element of the enquiry, utilizing strong selling skills. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue, conversion and drive repeat business as well as a key focus for cross sell opportunities within the cluster.
The Cluster Golf & Sport Event Executive takes personal responsibility to adhere to sales and event brand standards for enquiry handling, upsell & conversion.
Expected to work with the Hotel Sales Leaders to identify new opportunities in both Golf & Sport segments relevant property to their property. Achieves individual booking goals and has responsibility for achieving defined property revenue goals.
- Ownership for the management and conversion of assigned enquiries from Sports Teams, Wholesale, Society and Corporate Golf Days (Worsley Park, Tudor Park, Breadsall & St Pierre for Corporate Golf Days only)
- Coordination of all customer requirements, including communication and completing verbally and in writing with the customer the details of an event up to handover to on property team.
- Knowledge in menu planning, meeting room set ups, audiovisual and banquet service standards. Cooperate with Kitchen team to develop and implement any new Sports & Golf menu options.
- Correct use of systems process to ensure booking integrity, consistency & accuracy.
- Sells to a pre-determined event and group strategy
- Works within brand standards & systems processes
- Generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
- Effectively manages concept space inventory for assigned groups
- Works with on property team to arrange compelling showarounds to 'win' the business
- Execution of Marriott Golf Promotional windows and Golf Power up week events
- Provides Cluster level support to all hotels as required and requested for the golf & sport segment
- Training and execution of 59 Club Golf enquiry standards, continually review and agree improvement actions to ensure benchmark percentage is exceeded
Sales and Revenue Management
- Consistent management of all systems, processes & procedures across the cluster
- Key focus on building relationships with Golf Wholesalers & Sports Agents and Teams
- Delivers a compelling sales experience to drive conversion and repeat business
- Provides appropriate feedback to overcome obstacles to selling, including pricing, inventory availability and event execution
- Effectively up sells products and services throughout the event process.
- Effectively manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
- Accurately forecasts golf & sport group rooms, green fee revenue & catering for his/her groups.
- Proactively cross refer lead opportunities within cluster for both these segments or other Marriott properties where appropriate
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Encourage feedback from the hotel departments to identify areas for improvement
- Focuses on continuous improvement of customer journey
Please note the base location of this position can be flexible across the Golf & Country Club Hotels
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.