A fantastic opportunity is now available for a Roving Chef to join our team!
The Roving Chef position will provide support within the kitchens for the Darwin Escapes group in all of our resorts across the UK. This will include travelling to various sites to assist during recruitment periods, holiday cover and during the development of new resorts.
Main duties would include having hands on cover in any of the kitchens in the Darwin portfolio, this can include filling positions while staff are on holiday, sickness cover or whilst recruitment takes place. You will also be asked to ensure that all kitchen work is carried out to the highest standard of quality and hygiene at all times, and assist with hands on staff training and kitchen audits.
Accommodation and company transport will be provided when out of base resort.
The Roving Chef position is a permanent position to work full time, variable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
The ideal candidate would have previous Head Chef or Sous Chef experience and be fully flexible, as working hours will differ from week to week to suit cover requirements.
Key responsibilities -
- Hands on cover in any of the kitchens in the Darwin portfolio
- Covering staff holidays, sickness and whilst recruitment takes place
- Ensure kitchen work is to the highest standards of quality and hygiene
- Assist with hands on staff training
- Assist with kitchen audits
What experience you will need -
- Experience in Head Chef and Sous Chef positions is desirable
What skills you will need -
- Catering qualifications and Level 3 Food Safety is desirable
- Driving licence and ability to drive is necessary
- Great communication skills
- Upbeat attitude and willing to develop
What we offer -
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions