Commis Chef - Permanent - Meriden Posting Date
May 26, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Meriden, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Kitchen team at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness centre.
Culinary associates at our Marriott Hotels & Country Clubs enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests & events including weddings, golf, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
We offer our associates;
- Competitive pay for every hour worked plus potential gratuities
- Meals on duty
- Leisure membership at the hotel
- Global hotel room discounts for Marriott and it's brands
- Worldwide food and drink discounts
- An attractive long service programme
- Complimentary uniform
- Inclusive car parking
As a Commis Chef, you will be required to;
- Work enthusiastically as a member of our busy kitchen team
- Undertake training & development from senior chefs
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including washing, peeling & chopping
- Maintain fridges and other food storage areas, monitoring and recording temperatures
- cook and plate food according to agreed recipes and standards of mise en place
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers in a safe manner & ensuring correctness of temperatures.
- Set-up and break down work station, washing and disinfecting kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.