Maintenance Technician, Glasgow Marriott Hotel - Glasgow Posting Date
May 26, 2021Job Number
Engineering & FacilitiesLocation
Glasgow Marriott Hotel, 500 Argyle Street, Glasgow, Glasgow City, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
To ensure that the hotel and leisure facilities and all associated mechanical and electrical systems required for their operation are maintained to the highest engineering and safety standards.
- Carry out all maintenance tasks as dictated by the maintenance programme with careful consideration for business, operational and guest needs.
- Implementation and control of maintenance reporting systems for all areas of the hotel and leisure facilities.
- Follow a comprehensive maintenance programme under the direction and assistance of the Senior Engineering Supervisor.
- Responsible for the procurement of all spares, tools and equipment required to conduct all maintenance tasks following correct company purchasing procedures and forward planning.
- To take specific responsibility for all the Maintenance within the Leisure Club.
- To be fully conversant with the energy conservation policy and play a key role in its implementation.
- To comply with all hotel and company rules as explained in the staff handbook and house rules.
- To have sound knowledge of all mechanical and electrical plant and machinery required to service the hotel and leisure facilities.
- To ensure that all accidents, near accidents and hazards are reported Duty Manager.
- To ensure that all departmental inspection records are fully up to date and comply with current legislation.
- To have sound knowledge of statutory fire regulations and COSHH regulations and ensure that departments are adhering to them under the direction of the Senior Engineering Supervisor.