Kickstart Assistant Golf Operations and Retail - United Kingdom Posting Date
May 05, 2021Job Number
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Ware, Hertfordshire, HERTFORDSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Who are you?
As a Golf Operations Team Member you will support the Golf Operations Team in delivering excellent customer service to our members and guests, ensuring a quality Golf experience. You will build your knowledge and skills in Customer Service whilst gaining an understanding of Golf operations by working on the course, in the golf shop and on Reception.
As a Kickstart Team Member you don't need to have any prior experience but you do need to have the following qualities:
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to be proactive and reliable
- Good Timekeeping
- Ability to follow Instructions
- Willingness to Learn
- Desire to take care of our guests
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
What will you do?
- Provide a consistently high level of service and hospitality to all Members, Guests and Customers at all times and in all areas of the Golf Operation.
- Ensure that all areas of the Golf Operation function smoothly and in accordance with the standards laid out within the Marriott Golf Audit and other relevant SOPs.
- Take golf reservations and ensure that all golf bookings are correctly inputted into Concept booking system, and that revenue is processed correctly
- Assist in general shop and service-related duties (e.g. merchandising, stock control, cleaning)
- Be responsible for all payment transactions personally taken on shift and to report any discrepancies.
- Check-in all golfers following the correct audit criteria and support the day to day management of tee times.
- Support the daily management and maintenance of the buggy fleet and operation, including cleaning, fueling and positioning ensuring that sufficient buggies are available to cater for both that day and following day's business.
- Regularly monitor and stock the locker facilities, undertake cleaning as required.
- Assist with ball control and cleanliness at the Golf Academy/ range.
- Ensure that guidelines, as set by the hotel, are followed in terms of sanitisation and safety practices with regards to the customer facing areas in the golf operations, equipment, retail, buggies and confectionary.
- Be of assistance to all golfers as requested and report serious on course problems to the golf shop, Golf Operations Supervisor or Director of Golf.
- To Comply with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures at all times.
- To ensure all Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and all Controls are adhered to and followed consistently.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets including protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain social distancing throughout the hotel, as per the guidelines from the government, wherever possible from colleagues and guests (distancing regulations will be in accordance with any government guidance).
- Wear all provided PPE instructed.
- Wash hands frequently or after each task following proper handwashing techniques.
- Sanitise hands on a regular basis during shifts
- Complete all Health & Safety and Marriott Compliance Training as required including (but not limited to) Fire, Manual Handling, COSHH, Commitment to Cleanliness, Electrical Safety, Disability Awareness and Brilliant Hosting.
What does success look like?
Success in this role will be specific to the individual but will typically include:
- Completion of the Kickstart Placement
- Completion of all training on your Personal Training/Development Plan
- Positive Performance during the Placement as measured by regular and end of placement reviews with your Line Manager/Supervisor
- Positive contribution to our business as measured by our Guest Voice / Guest Feedback
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.