Kickstart Assistant Leisure - United Kingdom Posting Date
May 06, 2021Job Number
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Ware, Hertfordshire, HERTFORDSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Who are you?
As a Leisure/Spa Team member you will support the team in providing a five-star service to members, hotel guests and visitors. You will build your knowledge and skills in Customer Service whilst gaining an understanding of the Leisure/Spa operation. You will train to understand Health and Safety guidelines, COVID-19 Protocols and local established procedures. The Kickstart Assistant will be assigned a buddy who will guide them on department procedures and hotel protocol.
As a Kickstart Team Member, you don't need to have any prior experience, but you do need to have the following qualities:
Education or Certification
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be proactive and reliable
- Good timekeeping
- Ability to follow instructions
- Willingness to learn
- Desire to take care of our guests
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good level of English essential
- First Aid certification desirable
What will you do?
- Provide a consistently high level of service and hospitality to all Members, Guests and Customers in every interaction. You are expected to deliver service to your full potential when you are here.
- You are expected to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene standards of all areas at all times.
- Ensure that all areas of the Leisure/Spa function smoothly and in accordance with the standards laid out by Marriott and within other relevant SOPs.
- You may be involved in administration activities including answering telephones and assisting guests with queries if assigned to the Leisure reception desk.
- Train to utilize the Company's booking tools and effectively respond to guest enquiries either by phone or face to face
- The role encompasses working with management to successfully execute all spa and leisure operation activities; striving to continually improve guest satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- It is your responsibility to use initiative and a proactive approach to ensure we always give our guests a unique and memorable experience to make the most of their time and their visit.
- Complete all Health & Safety and Marriott Compliance Training as required including (but not limited to) Fire, Manual Handling, COSHH, Commitment to Cleanliness, Electrical Safety, Disability Awareness and Brilliant Hosting.
- You will follow the lost property procedures.
- Comply with Brand Standards when cleaning and getting each room ready for the guest arrival i.e studio, changing rooms, pool areas etc.
- Ensure all Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and all Controls are adhered to and followed consistently.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures. You must be an ambassador for the brand.
- Comply with Fire Regulations, Health & Safety legislation and policies, as per the Associate Handbook and the Hotel Health & Safety Policy.
- Follow Covid-19 protocol and wear appropriate PPE in line with Company guidelines and Health & Safety guidelines. Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of all front and heart of house areas. Follow social distancing measures in place as per Company & Government guidelines.
- Record and report any maintenance defects to your Line Manager and Maintenance.
- To Comply with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets including protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
What training will I receive?
We are committed to providing you with a balanced training plan that will not only help you gain or enhance your knowledge of the hospitality industry but will also help you acquire many life-skills. The list below are some examples
What does success look like?
- Company Orientation including Marriott Culture & Art of Hosting
- Health & Safety and Covid-19 training such as Fire training, COSHH, Commitment to Clean, Manual Handling, Disability Awareness, Electrical Safety
- Discipline specific training
- Information Security Protection
- Human Trafficking
Success in this role will be specific to the individual but will typically include:
- Completion of the Kickstart Placement
- Completion of all training on your Personal Training/Development Plan
- Positive Performance during the Placement as measured by regular and end of placement reviews with your Line Manager/Supervisor
- Positive contribution to our business as measured by our Guest Voice / Guest Feedback
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.