Event Executive - LancashirePosting Date
May 19, 2021Job Number
Sales & MarketingLocation
Preston Marriott Hotel, Garstang Road, Lancashire, LANCASHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
- Ownership for the management and conversion of assigned enquiries
- Setting pro-active goals and marketing strategies to drive sales and revenue
- Coordination of all customer requirements, including communication and completing verbally and in writing with the customer the details of an event up to handover to operations on the day of event execution.
- Meet and Greet at all key events (including weekends / evenings)
- Expertise in menu planning, food presentation, meeting room set ups, audiovisual and banquet service standards. Cooperate with Banqueting Operation and Kitchen team to develop new F&B concepts according to the Meetings Imagined.com purposes
- Correct use of systems process to ensure booking integrity, consistency & accuracy.
- Sells to a pre-determined event and group strategy
- Works within brand standards & systems processes
- Generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
- Effectively manages bedrooms blocks and meeting space inventory for assigned groups
- Conducts compelling show rounds to win the business
- Execution of Meetings Imagined.com, MSA
- Proactively resolicits previous customers and event bookers for future opportunities
- Having strong local awareness of that particular business segment with competitors
Sales and Revenue Management
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. Effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Provides excellent customer service. Ensures all associates involved in and event or booking understand expectations and parameters.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Actively solicits feedback from the hotel departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner's experience.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Delivers a compelling sales experience to drive conversion and repeat business
- Provides appropriate feedback to overcome obstacles to selling, including pricing, inventory availability and event execution
- Effectively up sells products and services throughout the event process.
- Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process when necessary.
- Effectively manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
- Accurately forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual) for his/her groups.
Benefits with Marriott
Discounted Travel Stays around the Globe across our leading brands Pension Scheme (Peoples Pension & Aegon) Life Assurance Private Medical Scheme (Available to Managers and their Family) Worldclass Training (Managers receive levy funded training annually) Apprenticeship Opportunities available up to Level 7 currently Career & Development Opportunities for example Taskforce in other properties Access to Salary Extras providing discounted Benefits on various retail outlets - saving Discounts on F&B outlets where applicable Spa Discounts where applicable Access to Gym / Leisure Facilities on site Employee Assistance Programme available to you and members of your Household Wellbeing Initiatives & Associate Celebrations including annual events such as AAW, Xmas Party etc Recognition Programmes - AOM/AOQ/TOQ Service Recognition Programmes & Quarter Century Club Recommend a Friend Incentive Scheme Gratuities / Service Charge where applicable Bonus Schemes where applicable Online Store - 30% Discount on Beds, Pillows @SHOPMARRIOTT Flexible Contracts where applicable Dry Cleaning where applicable Free Uniform provided Free Parking as applicable Meals on Duty Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.