Food and Beverage Associate - LancashirePosting Date
May 05, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Preston Marriott Hotel, Garstang Road, Lancashire, LANCASHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Working as part of the Food and Beverage team to provide the highest standards of customer service to exceed guest expectations and deliver the 'WOW' factor experience. This position will involve working in all areas of food and beverage outlets which include the Restaurant, Conference and Banqueting, Room Service and Bar areas.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- Full Time position based at the Preston Marriott Hotel.
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred
Education or Certification
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Strong Team Player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Highly motivated
- Customer service
- Health and safety
- Hygiene procedures
- Cash handling
- High standards of personal appearance
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To work as directed by the Supervisor /Senior supervisor /Assistant Manager & Manager
2) To ensure the highest levels of customer care are provided whether in the public eye or back of house areas 3) To ensure food orders are taken correctly; processed accurately and appropriate payment is received 4) To ensure all food & beverages are served efficiently and in accordance with the set standards and time scales and buffet services are kept in pristine condition and fully replenished 5) Be able to recommend knowledgeably menu items, accompaniments, beverages & wines 6) Complete all required opening and closing procedures as per side work schedule. 7) Complete check of area of work prior to opening for cleanliness, correct set up & mis en place in place. 8) Ensure work area is kept clean & tidy at all times during service and ensure the cleaning rota is followed 9) Ensure work area is properly prepared for the next shift before leaving your shift 10) To follow correct procedures when answering the telephone & welcoming guests into your area of work 11) To be fully aware of the Health & Safety Policy, Accident Reporting Procedure, Maintenance fault reporting procedure and the Fire Procedures for your department 12) To ensure all comments, compliments & complaints are passed to the senior person on duty in your department 13) To co-operate with other departments thereby ensuring a harmonious working environment and maximising efficiency 14) To ensure each even runs smoothly through efficient preparation 15) To set up function and meeting rooms to specification and standard as to meet the guests' requirements.
16) Ensure floats are counted and balanced at start and end of shift and they are secure at all times. Blind Banking
procedures are followed along with all local and Marriott policies and procedures.
17) Follows all company's policies and procedures.
Benefits with Marriott
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job
Discounted Travel Stays around the Globe across our leading brands Pension Scheme (Peoples Pension & Aegon) Life Assurance Private Medical Scheme (Available to Managers and their Family) Worldclass Training (Managers receive levy funded training annually) Apprenticeship Opportunities available up to Level 7 currently Career & Development Opportunities for example Taskforce in other properties Access to Salary Extras providing discounted Benefits on various retail outlets - saving Discounts on F&B outlets where applicable Spa Discounts where applicable Access to Gym / Leisure Facilities on site Employee Assistance Programme available to you and members of your Household Wellbeing Initiatives & Associate Celebrations including annual events such as AAW, Xmas Party etc Recognition Programmes - AOM/AOQ/TOQ Service Recognition Programmes & Quarter Century Club Recommend a Friend Incentive Scheme Gratuities / Service Charge where applicable Bonus Schemes where applicable Online Store - 30% Discount on Beds, Pillows @SHOPMARRIOTT Flexible Contracts where applicable Dry Cleaning where applicable Free Uniform provided Free Parking as applicable Meals on Duty Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.