Night Auditor - Edinburgh Posting Date
May 24, 2021Job Number
Finance & AccountingLocation
Residence Inn Edinburgh, Q5A Quartermile, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom Brand
Residence Inn by Marriott helps guests thrive while on long stays so they can perform at their best. Spacious suites with full kitchens offer the comforts of the modern home, while employees provide service with a human touch to business and leisure travelers alike. Working at Residence Inn, you will build relationships grounded in team work and experience the legendary Residence Inn service culture which focuses on delivering against the unique needs of long stay guests. Find Your World at Residence Inn by Marriott.
Complete end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts, running night audit backup, and roll the date. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges. Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency. Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability. Operate telephone switchboard station, process requests for wake up calls, and advise guest of any messages. Complete the Room Rate Variance Report. Process all guest check-ins and assign room. Activate or reissue room keys using electronic key machine. Count bank at end of shift and secure bank. Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Conduct security walks through the property twice per shift.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Ensure checks that come from outlets (e.g., Market & F&B) are scanned and charged to room.
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine (e.g., Saflok) and reissue new room keys to guests as necessary (e.g., lost key) by verifying guest identity and using electronic key machine.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to issuing room key.
- Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented and include an explanation.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g., Fidelio, PMS, FOSSE, OPERA), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability.
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
- Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, do not disturb, call forwarding, conference calls, TDD relay calls, and non-registered guest calls.
- Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Complete the Room Rate Variance Report.
- Counting the Market each night and the back of house cellar every Sunday.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to appropriate department.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Count bank at end of shift and secure bank.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Complete end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts, running night audit backup, and roll the date.
- Breakfast buffet set up
- Setting up tables in the lobby in preparation for breakfast.
- Element of cooking required to ensure proteins are cooked and ready for chefs each morning
- Carrying out HSK tasks such as Hovering and mopping the lobby and back of house areas.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.