Casual Lifeguard at the Bournemouth Marriott Hotel - BournemouthPosting Date
May 21, 2021Job Number
Golf, Fitness, & EntertainmentLocation
Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, St. Michaels Road, Bournemouth, DORSET, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Set in a stunning location overlooking the Bournemouth bay, the Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel is the perfect destination to relax and revitalise.
Our casual lifeguards are on hand to ensure our hotel guests are having a great time using our outdoor seasonable pool whilst overseeing their safety at all times. This is a role that requires superb attention to detail, excellent people skills and a current NPLQ qualificationand first aid certifcate. As a casual lifeguard at the hotel you must be a competent swimmer and be safety conscious.
First Aid (Essential to the role but will provide training for those who do not have it)
Pool Lifeguard (Essential to the role)
Pool Plant Operators (Essential to the role but will provide training for those who do not have it)
Previous experience would be preferred
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Pro-active and reliable
Excellent time management skills
Good personal presentation
Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
1. Maintain pools standards, including but not limited to cleaning and stock rotation of towels.
2. Adhere to Global cleanliness protocols and ensure sanitizing stations are clean and stocked.
3. Adhere to hygiene and safety processes.
4. Handling booking systems for both pool and tennis courts.
5. To regularly liaise with colleagues to ensure good working relationship.
6. Pool maintenance and monitoring including backwashing and carrying out Pool Tests.
7. Regularly check pool maintenance and report any faults.
9. To ensure compliance with H&S legislation and Company Guidelines including completion of H&S Checklists
10. To ensure the pool achieves and maintains a high standard of customer service with hotel residents.
11. To ensure the pool is open and closed according to checklists.
12. Use appropriate rescue techniques if observing swimmers in need of assistance.
13. Observe the swimming area for dangerous conditions, unusual or unsafe activities, and swimmers who are struggling.
14. Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility.
15. Be aware of possible situations where guests are not able to safely participate in an activity and inform supervisor/manager.
16. Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services.
17. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
18. Follow company policies and procedures; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
19. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
20. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.