Weekend Tours and Museum Guide - Stamford Bridge
JOB TITLE: Weekend Tours & Museum Guide
REPORTING TO: Stadium Tours & Museum Manager
JOB FUNCTION: To deliver Stadium Tours (including Children’s birthday party tours) and welcoming visitors to the Chelsea FC Museum ensuring the highest level of customer service is given.
LOCATION: Stamford Bridge
CONTRACT: Permanent, Part Time, 15 hours per week.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
• Operation of all Stadium Tours (including Children’s birthday party tours) to the required standard and providing the very best customer service.
• Safely set-up birthday party visits and prepare all electronic and practical equipment at beginning of each shift ensuring the area is free from slips, trips and hazards.
• To represent and promote Chelsea FC and its facilities during tours/parties.
• To actively upsell merchandising and official photo opportunities within the Museum.
• Ensure all young visitors are accompanied by either a parent/guardian at all times.
• Maintain printed collateral and gifting for birthday parties.
• Report any faults of equipment within the Tour route or Museum to management.
• Assist the Stadium Tours Supervisor with the running of all front of house elements of the Tour/Museum operation.
• Deliver stadium tours or additional tours duties where required.
• On a weekend home matchday, perform normal matchday duties.
• Compliance with the club’s health and safety requirements.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
• All tours and children’s birthday party tours being run within set time guidelines and department standards, receiving compliments and no complaints
• All photos being taken to the required standard
• Birthday party areas to be clean and tidy and adhering to Health and Safety standards
• All content delivered in the Tour or within the party to be concise, informative and statistically accurate
• Referrals of bookings for future parties
• IT skilled (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook)
• Good understanding of basic Health and Safety Desirable
Fluency in foreign languages would be advantageous
• Able to work weekends and bank holidays
• Previous experience of being a tour guide or other related experience
• Good understanding of the history/current events surrounding Chelsea FC
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent customer service values and delivery
• Confident public speaker and ability to present to groups
• Understanding of the leisure and tourism industry
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead. Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for. The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers. The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.