Front Office Receptionist - Edinburgh Posting Date
May 10, 2021Job Number
Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Residence Inn Edinburgh, Q5A Quartermile, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom Brand
Residence Inn by Marriott helps guests thrive while on long stays so they can perform at their best. Spacious suites with full kitchens offer the comforts of the modern home, while employees provide service with a human touch to business and leisure travelers alike. Working at Residence Inn, you will build relationships grounded in team work and experience the legendary Residence Inn service culture which focuses on delivering against the unique needs of long stay guests. Find Your World at Residence Inn by Marriott.
Welcome to our family
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there's no better place to make your mark. If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to join our global family. Here, you will find a place where your personality and ideas are as appreciated as the work you do. Each day will open your mind to a world of possibilities, growth opportunities and the chance to meet people from all corners of the globe.
The impact you'll make
No matter whether a guest arrives weary from their travels or excited for a vacation, you know what to do to make them feel at home. They will appreciate the pristine lobby, your warm welcome, and your efficiency in getting them checked in and pointed in the right direction. When they know you genuinely care about the quality of their stay, you are operating at a level of excellence.
What you'll do
The role of an Operations Associate encompasses all elements of operations, through working across numerous departments and a variety of shift patterns including Day, Evening and Night Shifts. The Operational Assistant is a multiskilled job role covering Food and Beverage, Reception and Night Audit. Ultimately this role provides optimum service to ensure guest needs are met in the Rooms and Food & Beverage operations.
- Within Food and Beverage operations: Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas. Ensure the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use. Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down work station. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Check and ensure the correct temperature of appliances and food.
- Within Guest Services and Rooms operations: process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Complete banking at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications. Carryout housekeeping tasks such as making and delivering rollaway beds, item requests and complete full departure of stayover bedroom cleans when requested by Supervisors and management.
- Within Guest Services and Rooms operations Night Audit: Complete end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts, running night audit backup, and roll the date. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges. Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency. Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability. Operate telephone switchboard station, process requests for wake up calls, and advise guest of any messages. Complete the Room Rate Variance Report. Process all guest check-ins and assign room. Activate or reissue room keys using electronic key machine. Count bank at end of shift and secure bank. Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
Perks you deserve
We'll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Team-spirited coworkers
- Encouraging leadership
- Support to live a life of wellbeing and happiness
- Opportunities to serve and give back to the community
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Recognition programs
What we're looking for
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- A team-first attitude
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details
This role requires compliance with quality assurance expectations and standards. You may be required to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
You're welcomed here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to feel comfortable being yourself and to know you're important to us. You'll make an impact in your role, and for that, you'll be appreciated and valued.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.