Guest Service Agent - London Posting Date
May 20, 2021Job Number
Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, 140 Park Lane, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Start Your Journey With Us as a Guest Service Agent at London Marriott Park lane
This 5-star hotel is situated in the centre of London's West End, on the corner of Oxford Street and Park Lane. Overlooking Hyde Park and once a stately apartment building, the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane is close to all of the city's most famous attractions, theatres and shops. Marble Arch London Underground Station is just metres away and offers easy access to any part of the city.
We are part of Marriott International, the world's leading, award winning, hospitality company with more than 6,700 properties across 130 countries and territories worldwide.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Guest Service Agent to join our five star, luxurious hotel. Work alongside a fantastic team and enjoy a world where career progression opportunities and world class training are available to you.
Guest Service Agent Job Summary
To achieve and maintain the highest possible levels of customer service at all times, serving guests at the front desk while providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner by following Marriott standards and adhering to guidelines and procedures.
To complete all tasks and responsibilities that are highlighted on the Front Office daily task sheet and others that may be directed by the manager on duty.
To answer and process all calls received in a warm, friendly and courteous manner whilst adhering to standards. To be fully aware of the additional administrative duties within AYS.
To reply, contact and efficiently communicate with guests prior, during and after their stay in person on the phone and/or via email , helping them organizing the perfect stay and creating memorable experiences.
To assist fellow colleagues both within and outside your normal department where possible to ensure operational and customer service requirements are achieved at all times.
Please be aware that this job description is designed to provide guidelines of your role but, from time to time, the business may require to perform tasks that may not be listed but are vital to the success of the Hotel.
At Your Service Responsibilities
- Be able to perform all duties of an operator.
- To be able to complete all duties on the GSC checklist.
- To practice gracious hospitality and promote goodwill by being friendly, courteous and helpful to guests, managers and fellow associates at all times.
- Work flexible hours on a shift basis in accordance with the departmental rota.
- Due to the nature of our business, understand that work schedules and demands of the position may vary from time to time.
- Handle guest messages in accordance with LSOPs.
- Handle all wake up calls in accordance to LSOPs.
- Assist in training of new associates when required.
- Protect guest and associate security by never revealing any personal information, room numbers, addresses, telephone numbers etc. unless authorised by a manager.
- At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures but allow for judgement and flexibility as situations demand.
- Ensure that a good relationship is kept between all other departments.
- Report any unusual occurrences/requests to management.
- Perform any reasonable request made by management.
- Handle any guest problems or complaints using the LEARN process and Service Excellence.
- Understand the Hotel's Fire and Safety procedures. To undergo training in all fire and security measures every quarter.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services and the hours of operation.
- Handover any relevant information with necessary departments and associates.
- Participate in Service Excellence checks.
- Keep the GSC clean and orderly at all times.
- Be familiar with the GSC logbooks and their proper use.
- Report telephone faults immediately to the correct supplier and the Front Desk Manager.
- Display basic knowledge of PMS, Voicemail, Guestlink and paging system.
- Know and be able to carry out specific duties in the case of bomb threat or medical emergency.
Front Desk Responsibilities
- Continually scores highly in internal audits of the check-in and check-out process.
- Actively enrolls guests in the Marriott Rewards programme and meets / exceeds personal targets set.
- Meets or exceeds personal up-selling target on room types
- Actively promotes outlets of the Hotel
- Actively promotes both Hotels and outlets of other Marriott, Courtyard, Renaissance, Grand Residence Club, JW Marriott Hotels.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with co-workers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Provide assistance to co-workers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g., Fidelio / Opera), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to issuing room key.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in according to their requirements (i.e., shares, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine and reissue new room keys to guests as necessary (e.g., lost key) by verifying guest identity and using electronic key machine.
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- Process all check-outs including express check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges, settling account, retrieving room key, and requesting comments on guest's stay.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Accommodate requests for room changes when possible.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
- Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented and include an explanation.
- Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability.
- Communicate to appropriate staff that there are guests that are waiting for an available room.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Have knowledge of Hotel Packages and promotions
- Be able to perform the duties of Executive Lounge Host
- Understand the Hotel's fire and evacuation procedures and act as a 'fire controller' if nominated by the Manager on Duty in an alarm activation or any drill
- Escort first time guests to their room or utilize available staff to ensure they are roomed
- Follows all Marriott standards and procedures to exceed the company expectations
- Working in "At Your Service" and Front Desk as requested
Why Work for us as a Guest Service Agent
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
- A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent.
- Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here.
- World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
- Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
- Discounted room nights, meals, and spa access-because your wellbeing means so much
- Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
What we're looking for
- Ideally have worked in Hospitality or a customer service environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Ability to learn processes and procedures quickly
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Good decision making skills (empowerment)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to use standard software applications (such as word, excel and the internet) and an ability learn Marriott specific hotel systems
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates and new & repeat guests
- Ability and confidence to up-sell and cross sell other outlets within the Hotel and within the Marriott group.
- Strong command of the English spoken language
- Good command of the written English language
Education or Certification
- Hospitality related degree preferred (or equivalent)
You're welcome here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you're important to us and that you'll make an impact in your role, and for that, you'll be appreciated and valued.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.