Luggage Room Bar - General Manager - London Posting Date
May 19, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, Grosvenor Square, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
The Luggage Room Bar offer a fantastic opportunity for high energy, eccentric and inspirational bar professional to bring their unique brand of leadership to an iconic speakeasy style bar and live 'The Luggage Room' service culture that puts a fun guest experience at the heart of every element of the operation. Be a driving force in promoting the bar within the local neighborhood and wider high end London bar market and ensure 'The Luggage Room' is THE luxury Neighborhood bar in Mayfair!
Originally built as a stately town house, The London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square is a magnificent 5-star hotel with a great location in the centre of exclusive Mayfair. Park Lane, Hyde Park and the famous shops of Oxford Street are all just 5 minutes' walk away. We are part of Marriott International, the world's leading hospitality company- with more than 6,700 properties across 130 countries and territories worldwide.
We are now recruiting for a dynamic and passionate Luggage Room Bar - General Manager to join our award-winning team at Grosvenor Square.
Tasked with bringing high energy, eccentric and inspriatational Leadership each and every day to drive forward and re-position an iconic bar in luxurious Mayfair. Responsible for evolving, driving and living 'The Luggage Room' service culture that puts a fun guest experience at the heart of every element of the operation. Directly resposnsible for the daily bar operations, supervision of staff and leading top & bottom line revenue & profits for the bar. The role plays a leading driving force in promoting the bar within the local neighbourhood and wider high end London bar market along with directly managaing menu planning, maintaining standards, assisting servers on the floor during peak periods and managing the bar's liquor inventories and controls. Strives at every opportunity to ensure & exceed guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budge & accountable for enforcing all legal obligations as a bar professionally and consistently. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements & executes plan. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
- A Full Time position based at the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
- Number of Direct Reports - TBA
- Titles of Direct Reports - Luggage Room Associate
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- Excellent level of English essential
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Bar Operations
- Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the property.
- Manages in compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
- Understands & executes beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
- Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports to lead in the financial management of department.
- Directly responsible in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures compliance & development with all Bar policies, standards and procedures
- Maintains food handling and sanitation standards per company & government policy.
- Manages inventories according to budget and business levels.
- Be knowledgeable of all applicable SOP's/ LSOP's and ensure controls points are implemented and are effective as outline in Audit Requirements.
- Leads & exectes all menu development and promotions as necessary.
Leading Bar Team
- Provides inspirational leadership in shaping service & department culture on a daily basis.
- Trains & hold accountable all staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
- Puts in place development plans for their team to ensure continuous learning & growth.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
- Communicates critical information to the Bar staff regarding each event.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides excellent & compelling customer service that engenders loyalty and development of relationships with local & hotel guests alike.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. Is pro-active in taking on board feedback to develop the bar offering.
- Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent & compelling customer service.
- Emphasizes how to elevate guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Provides continuous & ongoing feedback to individuals in an effort to improve service performance.
- Reviews guest satisfaction surveys, Tripadvisor & local reviews with associates and works as a team to take on board in a pro-active manner all relevant feedback.
Managing Human Resource Activities
- Leads a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Leads the development and implementation of corrective action plans for any relevant issues within the team.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Continent Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 40 hours per week.
Why Work with Us:
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
- A unique opportunity to be part of an award-winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent
- Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here
- World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
- Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
- Discounted room nights, meals, and spa access-because your wellbeing means so much
- Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.