We have an exciting opportunity for a PGA Club Professional to join our team at Kilnwick Percy Resort in York!
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the professional delivery and development of all aspects of the golf operations and ensure that members and guests’ expectations are consistently met or exceeded. Areas of responsibility will also include organising and coaching groups and individuals, purchasing stock and running a profitable club shop and the provision of a club repair and custom fit service.
The successful candidate will take responsibility of handling some of the administration of the golf club, organisation of competitions, corporate days and pro-ams whilst liaising with the greenkeeping staff to understand what is going on ‘on course’. It will include a proactive role in the relationship management of the club to attract new members and retain the existing ones.
This role will not include the need for the Professional to stock his / her own shop and all tuition income will go directly to the business, with a commission scheme in place for Gross profit results in the shop and commission based on performance to coaching budget.
This role is permanent to work 45 variable hours per week. Flexibility may be required when working to meet deadlines.
This position is ideal for someone looking for a PGA role within a commutable distance of Pocklington.
Key responsibilities -
- Professional delivery and development of all aspects of the golf operations
- Ensure golf member and guest expectations are met or exceeded
- Organising and coaching groups and individuals
- Purchasing stock and running a profitable club shop
- Provision of repair and custom fit service
What experience you will need -
- Previous experience preferred
What skills you will need -
- Excellent standards of customer service are essential to this role
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous to enable you to get to the resort
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn
What we offer -
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions