Engineering Deployment Planning Lead - Leeds
Engineering Deployment Planning Lead
Have you worked on complex ERP centred transformation or on a large implementation project perhaps where you've been the lead for the planning and sequencing of all stages of the cross programme build, technical deployment and service design?
Are you someone that enjoys challenging traditional deployment and rollout approaches and looks for something more innovative that leverages modern engineering thinking and has the potential to deliver more business value in a better way?
Joining the team now means you are right at the start of this exciting journey, and will have the opportunity to shape the delivery and source your future team.
You'll join the team in a 2-3 year fixed term position. As the team is set to grow dramatically, a number of other exciting new roles will become available in future.
- You'll be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and lead cross build, wave, release, and technical deployment planning.
- Develop and presents viable economic and technical sequencing options for the build/implementation/deployment of the programme services.
- Support and facilitates Tower and business functions to risk assess the business change impacts of interim services and transition states.
- Works to understand the benefits and also cost/resourcing impacts of engineering choices such as parallel running to deliver business and programme value.
- Work collaboratively across the Programme Team, providing the link between our Tower leads, IT Vendors and a "right first time" deployment and transition plan.
- Develop and achieve buy-in for the technical and engineering build and deployment phasing options using scenarios and inputs from suppliers and Towers.
- For major areas such as integration, environment management and testing consider opportunities that will aid separation, reduce-re-work and help drive ASDA strategy.
- Develop a blue print for the IT build sequence, releases ,transition states and cut-over/data migration windows.
- Full cycle implementation and significant technical change and roll-out experience in a similar role.
- Forensic planning, analytical problem solving and communication skills for working effectively with business and technical peers.
- Up to date knowledge of popular industry and supplier software delivery and deployment techniques
- Proven track record in matrix managing in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment.
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is Leeds based in Asda House with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days a week depending on workload.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or car allowance,
- Colleague discount & company bonus,
- Free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email email@example.com