Assistant Garden Manager - Moreton-In-Marsh
Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
Our Daylesford family is growing, and we are looking for an engaging and passionate Assistant Garden Manager to join the team.
With amazing career progression, we will train and develop you every step of the way to be the best that you can be with the opportunity to build your career with us.
Full-time contract, based on 40 hours per week, £11.20 per hour. Please note that flexibility and weekend working would be required in this role.
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holiday)
- 50% staff lunch discount
- 30% company discount
- Refer a friend scheme – up to £1,000
- Free organic tea, coffee, artisan bread and fresh fruit on shift
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Free uniform
As our Assistant Garden Manager, you will support the Garden Manager in the delivery of our seasonal, sustainable, and homegrown ranges of flowers and plants in Daylesford's Organic Garden. Using your existing horticultural and nursery business knowledge, you will be responsible for managing all retail plants and flowers in this space.
- Own the Daylesford seasonal calendar of plants and flowers across the business
- Support the manager in sourcing only the best seasonal products from our Farm, Estate or other British supplier
- Work alongside our growers and supplier, to deliver a consistently unique range of flowers and plants
- Ensure the best customer service experience across Daylesford Organic Garden space
- Play an active floor role to ensure full and bountiful displays through careful ordering and planning
- Supporting the Garden Manager in presenting commercial opportunities across the Plant & Flower range
- Previous experience within the nursery & garden retail sectors is required
- A formal qualification in horticulture would be advantageous
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you.
We aim to attract, recruit and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. We seek to create a productive environment, representative of different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to apply for a vacancy at Daylesford, please contact the Recruitment Team by visiting our website.